PC Fate of PC Gaming

• Thread starter BMR27
  • Start date
BMR27

BMR27

Zer0VFouR
Towns Folk
Remember when PC games came in CD's or DVD game Discs with serial codes?
When It was easier to play a game without having to go on the internet just to prove you
bought it.

To think the game disc would be enough... Not everybody has access to internet, I remember when
I had to take my computer to the local library to connect to a wifi Hotspot whenever my parents felt like
it, now that I got a motorcycle and can take myself, I don't go there as much anymore.

Looks like PC gaming has all just become digital downloads, worse yet different game stores where
one will have a game the other doesn't. Origin, Steam, etc. Seems PC isn't the only system affected, consoles as well have to be connected to the internet to get updates.

Reactions: AricAttack
Oh yeah, cause I loved having to put 8 discs into my computer and waiting for each one of them to download, and to put the next disc in after that.

Exactly, Like call of duty II had about six, and all you had to do was jot in the serial code.

Exactly, Like call of duty II had about six, and all you had to do was jot in the serial code.
I still prefer digital codes though.
If I still have to download stuff, do I really have to put in a serial code, then put in disc after disc, while you can’t take a nap or do anything else, because it won’t download without the next disc.
Or would you just like to enter a code online/buy it on steam, then have it download while you make dinner, or take a nap.

Back