Favorite Armor Sets with your Preferred Weapon

• Thread starter sodajet
  • Start date
sodajet

sodajet

Work-life balance is hard
Towns Folk
I've been fighting some of the endgame monsters in MH3U and I was wondering what other players like using as their main armor sets. Feel free to post any armor set along with any weapons you use along with it.

I usually main Dual Swords and Greatsword and here are the two sets I am currently running.

Greatsword:
Blade of Tartarus

Helios Cap X
Helios Mail Z
Helios Vambraces X
Helios Faulds X
Helios Greaves X
Handicraft +5

It is gemmed in to give me Sharpness +1, Crit Draw, HG Earplugs, Partbreaker, and Awaken. I plan on changing over to Nero's Anguish eventually so I will lose that extra slot BoT provides.

For my Dual Swords I use:
Spectral Demolishers

Helios Helm Z
Helios Mail Z
Helios Vambraces Z
Helios Faulds X
Helios Greaves Z
Stam Recov Up +6

Gemmed in to get: Sharpness +1, Stam Recov Up, Bombardier, and HG Earplugs. I plan on making the Alluvion Slashers one day so I probably will swap out Bombardier for Element Attk Up to accommodate for that.

So, with that, what are your main armor sets?

Well, this is good for Bowguns, not so much with Bows unless it has a Charge Shot that is Rapid:

Rath Cap (notice that there is no Z)
Silver Solvest
Agnaktor Guards X
Gobul Coat X
Rath Soul Leggings Z
Normal Up +5

Gemmed: CE +2, Normal/Rapid Up, Weakness Exploit, Peak Performance

Its what I use for 4pt Arken, but it seems to work well enough outside of that, so I'll use it sometimes.

I haven't got into gunning yet but I eventually plan on doing so. I've seen some really cool videos of teams of bowguns tearing up monsters (Goldbeard farming). I'm also on Charm Table 9, which supposedly has a lot of good gunning charms so I guess I have some pretty good incentives for trying some gunning. Also, do you prefer Light Bowguns or Heavy Bowguns and why?

I prefer HBG because of a higher raw. Also, I think they look better in general xD. Usually if you see a bunch of bowguns destroying monsters, its HBGs.

Yeah, I was leaning towards HBG too. I haven't started using them mainly because I like hacking and slashing rather than gunning from a distance. It also take a while to get ammunition so that sort of puts me off from using them. Any HBGs you'd recommend?

How far are you in the game?

I am very close to finishing up G Rank 2. I have access to most G- Rank monsters by way of quests and DLC, so I'm pretty sure I can craft pretty much any weapon at this point in the game.

Well, Nero's Blazooka and the Moby Deus both upgrade into really good weapons. I prefer the Moby Deus path, but it takes longer than Nero's Blazooka (3 upgrades compared to 1).

I think the Moby Deus path would be easier for me since I farmed Caedeus and G. Caedeus a lot to get my Helios armor. It probably won't take much time to get the final upgrade. My next question is, what ammunition do you use with this weapon? The only ammo I know about is Normal S3, which seems like a general-purpose ammo, but what about the others? Or are you supposed to choose based on the weakness of the Monster you are facing?

Well, HBG's are more of raw damaging weapons than elemental damaging ones. Normal S2 and S3 are useful and Pierce S is good. I wouldn't recommend Pellet or Crag during online as they tend to knock people over. However, you might also wanna check what shots each weapon can use. If it has the ability to shoot elemental shots that the monster is weak to, you might as well take them anyways. But Normal and Pierve should always be in your bag. I'm not an expert or anything, just kinda speaking from experience xD. Try watching some tutorials on YouTube. They would probably help you better than I can.

All right, thanks for the advice though. I guess Normal + Pierce makes the most sense and if you ever run out, those extra elemental ones wouldn't hurt either. I guess I'll go searching on GameFaqs for some tutorials and Youtube, as you said, for some tips and commentaries.

Back