Favorite Game Genres

• Thread starter SlickPrince57
  • Start date
S

SlickPrince57

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
What is your favorite type of game Genre?
Arcade
Action
Adventure
Fighting
Puzzle
Racing
RPG
Simulation
Sports
Shooter
Board Game
Strategy
First-Person Shooter
Education
Platform
Other

FYI- Mine is RPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I mostly prefer Fighting , Action and Adventure if I were to say my favorite Game Genres :p I believe that never fail to be very fun in their own terms and have nice replayability in my opinion . As secondary choices I'd go for RPG , Puzzle and Strategy games because they are fun , but I usually don't prefer them :p

I can't pick ONE but I can point a few I really love though:

Action
Adventure
RPG
Simulation
FPS

Action-RPG is probably my favourite mix but... the other genres have such sweet games as well ;A;

RPG is always fun and I like action-adventure like zelda/kid icarus they are fun to play with

The RPG genre, no other even comes close.

I also like a good Strategy game, especially if it's combined with RPGs.

My favorites are the JRPG, Fighting, and Rhythm genre.

Oh, and whatever the heck Monster Hunter is.

My favorites genres are Platform,RPG,Adventure,Action and Puzzle.So many great games have comed from these five genres,but I guess the one I like the most is platform.Sometimes,you can combine some of these mentioned genres to a more unique game,like Puzzle with Platform,and Platform with RPG(although I'm not aware if there's any game of this type),and it also works when done switch the single aspect of the genre itself,mainly by being creative and diverse with the level design and aspects.It's also the genre that I mainly grew up with.

It's easier to think of my least favorite genres lol (Its Racing and Fighting games).

Although I do like Platformers and Rhythm games a little more than the rest.

My favorite genre is
-role playing
-simulation
-action
-music games
-racing

I really don't know what is my favourite genre but i will i mostly like adventurous games like pokemon and many more sometimes i also fighting games too may tekken 7 is one of them i really like that game

I like Fighting games, especially in situations where there are people; Adventure games, because I love seeing the world the developers came up with; and RPGs, because I love epic quests and stories, as well as less epic quests but endearing characters. I tend to play games from all genres though, except shooters because I'm just not interested in that type of gameplay (except for Splatoon, because squids. I'm still not a fan of the gameplay but everything else is just too perfect.)

I like Fighting games, especially in situations where there are people; Adventure games, because I love seeing the world the developers came up with; and RPGs, because I love epic quests and stories, as well as less epic quests but endearing characters. I tend to play games from all genres though, except shooters because I'm just not interested in that type of gameplay (except for Splatoon, because squids. I'm still not a fan of the gameplay but everything else is just too perfect.)
May be i also like this kind of games to fight in quest of getting something i really this kind of games and basically this whole thing sounds like pokemon games in which we are on quest of becoming champion!!

Action, Adventure, RPG, Sports, Arcade, Fighting.

My favorite genre of video game would have to be adventure games. I like to wander around and explore a big open world. I also like strategic games. I like to try to solve puzzles and stuff. I really like the LoZ series for its puzzles and open worlds like the big field in the middle of twilight princess.

Platformers. Always loved them and always will.

I enjoy games like Fighting, shooter(like run and gun type of games), action and adventure, and even platforming. I especially love arcade style games and RPG, even puzzles. Wow, I think I mentioned about half of the list.

My favorite genre of video games would have to be the adventure genre. As a big fan of both the Zelda and Elder Scrolls franchises, I have found over the years that adventure games appeal to me more than any other type. This probably has something to do with my real life enjoyment of hiking, biking and the general exploration of things.

Action, strategy and puzzle, primarily. Most games I own fall into action, some of my favourites are strategies and quite a few of the cheaper games I own from the eShop are puzzles, including the three Lines games.

In specific, beat-'em-ups and SRPGs, sometimes DRPGs and when it comes to puzzles, I prefer them to be minimalistic like the Lines series is. Hack-and-slash games like Musou are also quite nice when beat-'em-ups aren't violent enough.

I like the good ol' action/platformer, 3rd person shooter, or RPG titles. Mainly RPGs ranging from strategy, to turn-based, to real-time but turn-based and/or strategy is more my pace. Simple puzzle games like Tetris and Dr. Mario are good too but they aren't for me. Oh man I forgot fighting games!?! Dan Fornace and Masahiro Sakurai are gonna beat me up online for that. XP

Back