Favorite moments in Paper Mario 64?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya peeps, P2.0 here coming atcha with another topic thing. This time about Paper Mario on the Nintendo 64.

I probably don't have to explain it too much, cuz it looks like everyone considers that game the best of the Paper Mario series. Next to The Thousand Year Door, that is. So I'll stick to the question for this game: What was your favorite moment in the game? Can be anything from battles, to cutscenes, finding a badge, a partner, anything! \o/

But it has to be from this particular installment, the other games from the series don't count. :p So don't go saying 'I didn't own the game, so I don't have one', or I'll get Baldi to take you to the woodshed for wasting time. :eyes2:

*Ahem*! Anyway, have a favorite moment? :hilarious:

Reactions: Samster
Oh my freaking gosh, what a nostalgia trip. <3

This game was literally one of my childhood games, along with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and Super Mario Sunshine, lol :p As for favorite moments, it’s so hard to decide with all that goodness tucked away in the game! D:

If I had to choose though, I loved getting badges. They were like, my main focus when I was a youngster. As soon as I found one, I always checked it to see what it did. Every. Single. Time. :x

Another amazing moment was leveling up. It always felt so good to finally hit that 100 Star Points mark, then choose one of the special bonuses! :D

Lastly, the boss battles absolutely blew me away. They were so creative, and so fun to fight! I can’t recall their name as of now, but I remember fighting four turtles that staked up on one another, and each had a different color headband, and different abilities! Man, than was a fun battle to remember! The action! The drama! *^*

Honestly, I wish they still made Paper Mario games like they did with the older ones. But, times change, I guess. At least we always have the classics to remember, right?

Reactions: P2.0
Oh my freaking gosh, what a nostalgia trip. <3

This game was literally one of my childhood games, along with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and Super Mario Sunshine, lol :p As for favorite moments, it’s so hard to decide with all that goodness tucked away in the game! D:

If I had to choose though, I loved getting badges. They were like, my main focus when I was a youngster. As soon as I found one, I always checked it to see what it did. Every. Single. Time. :x

Another amazing moment was leveling up. It always felt so good to finally hit that 100 Star Points mark, then choose one of the special bonuses! :D

Lastly, the boss battles absolutely blew me away. They were so creative, and so fun to fight! I can’t recall their name as of now, but I remember fighting four turtles that staked up on one another, and each had a different color headband, and different abilities! Man, than was a fun battle to remember! The action! The drama! *^*

Honestly, I wish they still made Paper Mario games like they did with the older ones. But, times change, I guess. At least we always have the classics to remember, right?
Oh yeah, I remember the badges! You're right, they were ton of fun to collect and try out! :D Every time there was a big battle coming up, I remember looking through all my attack badges so frantically, making sure I didn't bite the dust. :p

My favorite moments are kinda lame, tbh. ^^" I actually enjoyed the cooking parts with Tayce T. :hilarious: Mixing together the attack and restorative items was so interesting! And visiting ShyGuy Toy Box to find cake mix to make cake was my life goal! *^*)b

Also, totally agree with you for the original Paper Mario formula. They really should've just left it as is. Maybe added some tiny minor changes that wouldn't have disrupted the natural flow. :x

Oh yeah, I remember the badges! You're right, they were ton of fun to collect and try out! :D Every time there was a big battle coming up, I remember looking through all my attack badges so frantically, making sure I didn't bite the dust. :p

My favorite moments are kinda lame, tbh. ^^" I actually enjoyed the cooking parts with Tayce T. :hilarious: Mixing together the attack and restorative items was so interesting! And visiting ShyGuy Toy Box to find cake mix to make cake was my life goal! *^*)b

Also, totally agree with you for the original Paper Mario formula. They really should've just left it as is. Maybe added some tiny minor changes that wouldn't have disrupted the natural flow. :x
OMG, I forgot all about coooking! :eek: That part was amazing! :p I think I got literally every single recipie under my belt at one point, lol

Shy Guy Toy Box was incredibly fun as well! THE CAKE MIX!!! :D

i liked the lil oinks. not because of what cool stuff they could give you. i just really liked them. i tried to get all 10 at once at some point. that never worked because i kept getting the pink ones. i also didn't know how to farm coins or just that I could exit without saving, so it took me forever to get one or two. other than that, the desert area was pretty fun

i liked the lil oinks. not because of what cool stuff they could give you. i just really liked them. i tried to get all 10 at once at some point. that never worked because i kept getting the pink ones. i also didn't know how to farm coins or just that I could exit without saving, so it took me forever to get one or two. other than that, the desert area was pretty fun
;u; Omg, I totally forgot about those little guys! I loved all the different Lil' Oinks variation you could get, it was so cool! And I love their animations. They just bounce and bounce, and omg. X3
I was super bummed when they ran after you went inside the gate. ;-; I wish that you could've fed them mushrooms.

Reactions: Bagel
I don't really remember all that much about 64 but I have to say that my favorite part was probably Shy Guys Toy Box

Back