Favorite Nintendo GameCube game?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Hey, all! Samster here, with another topic! This time, it’s about one of my favorite systems of all time. The Nintendo GameCube! Geez, this game console was a freaking legend. Had all the great games, from Paper Mario TTYD, to Four Swords Adventures, to Pokémon Collesium, and even three different Mario Party games! :artist:

BUT! Out of all those fantastic games, which would be your favorite? Now, besides Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (which I think everyone here knows it’s my favorite game of all time :x), the title for my favorite GameCube game would have to go to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Had an amazing story, gameplay was so amazingly balanced, and overall a freaking joy to play. Although, I never beat it. Welp, that’s yet another game that Ill go back and beat. One day... :'P

Anyhoo, what’s your favorite game from this system? :kermit:

Reactions: Duffy
Pokémon XD is my favorite. There's so many Pokémon to catch, purifying is easier, the villainous team is actually threatening and the music is even better than the first one. Plus you can get the Lucky Egg, and the Ultimate tutor moves on the three Johto starters if you were good enough. It sort of combines Stadium with the later mechanics of Double Battles if you know what I'm saying. It's just so in depth every Pokémon fan should play it (or a possible remake of it).

Hey, I gotta say Super Mario Sunshine with MKDD and Sonic Riders

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was my absolute favorite. The part with Doo_lis really threw me off, absolutely fantastic!

I'll give you 3 of my favorite Gamecube Games.
Wind Waker - I love wind waker. The style of it is really nice and still looks good for it's time on the original gamecube. I put it above Twilight Princess because I grew up with Wind Waker more, and it took me a while to grab the game due to it being ridiculously expensive on retail shipping sites such as Amazon (pre-remake).
Mario Kart Double Dash - Oh man, this game screams nostalgia. With the unique two person in a cart feature, and introducing special attacks back then that changed a lot of things up is cool. It also had a cup that allowed you to play every single course in one go, which imo would be useful for MK8 or MK8D.
Smash Bros Melee - Keep your boos down. While yes, it has definitely changed the smash community, it's a nice game to come back to and play with your friends every 2 - 3 months or so. The fast paced action and weird physics might make for a lot of funny moments now. It also has that adventure mode that sadly never came back completely, but Smash Ultimate kind of mixed Subspace Emissary with Melee's Adventure Mode to make World of Light.

Reactions: Samster
Capcom Vs. SNK 2, best game ever.

Not gonna lie, I'm having a hard time between Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Kirby Air Ride. :'D Those were the games I remember playing the most out of any of the ones we bought. :eek: Smash because, yeah, it was Smash Bros., who doesn't like fighting with friends ( siblings ), and laughing your head off? :p

Kirby Air Ride was the same thing, always zipping around in City Trial, and slamming full force into each other with the machines. :hilarious: And trying to complete challenges together was the best. \o/ Treasure those moments the most. :)

Probably Mario Kart: Double Dash!! because of how fun it is. I haven't played it for about 7 years, though...
I have also played The Simpsons: Hit and Run before.

Thousand year door, for sure. They need to remake it for the Switch, that would be awesome. Sunshine is a close second.

Luigi's mansion, have played that game around 20 times so good, and very replayable. Sunshine is my close second as it is very epic but Luigi is far superior in all ways. Glad to see a a 3rd one on its way.

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for the win! Or rather, it's my winner. I could never get enough of it.

Pokémon Channel
Bratz Rock Angels
Bratz Forever Diamonds
Any of the Sims games

Wind Waker, Thousand Year Door, and Skies of Arcadia to name a few. A lot of great RPGs, and platformers too like Super Mario Sunshine.

Just one? Haha. The GameCube is my favorite console and it’s really hard to just choose one. That being said, I would probably have to go with Animal Crossing. I spent the most time on that game and for nostalgic reasons it’s probably still my favorite AC game.

I can’t leave this thread without mentioning a few others, though. Let’s start with Super Mario Sunshine. It was actually my first 3D Mario game and it was incredibly fun. I really hope to play it on the Switch a some point. Then you have Mario Party 4 which remains my favorite Mario Party game. I played that with my family a lot and it’s the last time my family ever felt like a real family, so it has a special place in my gaming history.

I could go on and on but I’ll mention two more which would probably surprise a lot of people. Most people don’t mention these two. Metal Gear Solid and Shadow the Hedgehog. The first MGS is one of my favorite games ever, and after playing it on GameCube remade in all it’s glory, it makes the PS1 version nearly unplayable. At the time it took a great game and made it so much better with visuals alone. I’m probably the only person alive that liked Shadow the Hedgehog, lol. The sad thing is it’ll never be re-released and unless I get my hands on a GameCube I will probably never play it again. It’s popular to hate the game, but as someone who has never been a fan of Sonic games that’s the one game I actually really, really enjoyed. Now if you’ll excuse me, I will take my leave before I have eggs thrown at me or something.

My favourite nintendo gamecube game would definitely be pokemon XD gale of darkness and Pokemon Coliseum. they were such unique pokemon games back in the day and was truely remarkable. people still love them so much to this day and im hoping that one day they make a remake for those original two games as well. Plus you got eevee as a starter in XD gale of darkness! and both espeon and umbreon as starter in coliseum!

Another gamecube game that i haven't played yet but really wanna play one day is star fox assault. seen a few videos on it and it looks really fun. since i enjoyed star fox 64 a lot i feel like id enjoy that one as well since it look similar and pretty cool.

Reactions: Artisan and P2.0
My favorite gamecube games has to be either luigi's mansion or both of the pikmin games. The pikmin games were very interesting challenging and creative. My first experience of it was on the wii though but it is still a gamecube game. I also like luigi's mansion because it is very interesting and fun to play.

Reactions: phofufury
My favorite has to be Mario Sunshine! That brings back so many childhood memories, i loved exploring the different islands and cleaning up that goo everywhere. It was incredibly fun!

Mine would have to be Wind Waker, since its the only GameCube game I've fully completed! I think it was also the first Zelda game I fully completed, its a good first game to play to get into the Zelda series. I loved the atmosphere and it was overall just a great game. I want to replay it when I get the chance :p

I'm at the beginning of Super Mario Sunshine, and once I finish it, it'll definitely be one of my favorites as well. I love the tropical vibes and music, reminds me of when I used to play Mario Galaxy. The Thousand Year Door was something I've always wanted to play, I only played the first hour of it years ago. But from what I've seen, I just have a feeling it'd make it on the list.

Hey, all! Samster here, with another topic! This time, it’s about one of my favorite systems of all time. The Nintendo GameCube! Geez, this game console was a freaking legend. Had all the great games, from Paper Mario TTYD, to Four Swords Adventures, to Pokémon Collesium, and even three different Mario Party games! :artist:

BUT! Out of all those fantastic games, which would be your favorite? Now, besides Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (which I think everyone here knows it’s my favorite game of all time :x), the title for my favorite GameCube game would have to go to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Had an amazing story, gameplay was so amazingly balanced, and overall a freaking joy to play. Although, I never beat it. Welp, that’s yet another game that Ill go back and beat. One day... :'P

Anyhoo, what’s your favorite game from this system? :kermit:
How did I not see this thread when it came out! I am learning to love the gamecube, I think it's super underrated. But I do think Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the best game. I keep coming back to it over and over! Melee might be considered the best game and is still widely played today. But there's really no wrong choice to this question

Reactions: Mizunil
Back