SSB for 3DS Favorite Play Style and Why?

• Thread starter bustalee6663
  • Start date
bustalee6663

bustalee6663

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Play styles have varied since the beginning of ssb, especially with the quick-paced ssbm. I am curious about others who while everyone has a main, mine being ness, nobody seems to play the character the same. There are so many different ways to play a character, so many different combos to land, and so many different TYPES of characters. I love playing Ness, who is seems a good medium speed character, and from watching my play style it seems that I LOVE using grab moves the most. I always combo down grabs, try to finish with back throws, it's just something that I love doing. I'm more of an arial Ness and I never stay in one place. Anyway, I'm curious, as to your answer!

---BustaLee

to start off (my main being Marth)I begin to rush at the opposing player by running towards them and grab them if I can. If the opponent dodges to where my back is I jump once backwards to try to trick them into going more back while I use my second jump to go forward and try to start again. When I do grab them I land two hits (seeing as marth's throws aren't good) and throw them down then jump and instead of doing a n air attack I do a down air attack since it makes the opponent get on the air again to do an up smash attack which lands the tip (and its beautiful). Its also less predictable instead of doing a Nair attack. It doesn't work sometimes but its a great start to get a boost on a match

BTW Lucina doesn't do well on this XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to go for a aerial Marth. He plays best in the air imo, I just need some more practice with him in air. He's quick and agile, on top of that his fair, bair, dair, uair and nair are all great. Especially bair, fair and uair.

Yes his bair let's him turn around so you can get another hit with a fair

I don't really think when I play I just do. I can change play styles on the go but I just rush my opponent

Reactions: Mizunil
As Link I like using aerials such as the the Up-Air and Down-Air because they're quite reliable and powerful in my opinion. I try not to use too much spammy specials like arrows and boomerangs but I always use bombs whenever the chance is there, since they could actually save you when you would otherwise fail to recover :p

Play styles have varied since the beginning of ssb, especially with the quick-paced ssbm. I am curious about others who while everyone has a main, mine being ness, nobody seems to play the character the same. There are so many different ways to play a character, so many different combos to land, and so many different TYPES of characters. I love playing Ness, who is seems a good medium speed character, and from watching my play style it seems that I LOVE using grab moves the most. I always combo down grabs, try to finish with back throws, it's just something that I love doing. I'm more of an arial Ness and I never stay in one place. Anyway, I'm curious, as to your answer!

---BustaLee
my main is link my play stlye is a more of a risky stlye i use special attacks and powerful blows to finish the enemy as fast as possible but im not very good at doing combos i rarely do any combos ,i block and dodge ,but i feel like i block too much, but whatever.

i have many styles, depending on the player im facing. If the player uses a slow character, i use a quick character like sonic or zero suit samus. If it's a quick character that can do lots of combos (like bayonetta), i dodge their attacks, than i would do i quick smash attack to get them in the air, and then air combo them, getting them of balance. Then i would finish them with a smash attack. im still trying to learn how to combo with ganondorf

Usually I'd just use projectiles to give me some space and if I have a tether grab then use it when they try to approach. Depending on the character I fight I would adjust my playstyle like for example if I am playing against a character with weak grabs and no potential to get a KO off a throw then I'd just hold shield. Typically I like to grab with characters that have good combos out of throws.

Me i my favorite style of playing is defence.Zelda is one of the best character that i can recommande you for defence i usually use her if my opponent is:lucario,samus,robin...etc.Because all of them the usually press B to charge a heavy attack while me i have my zelda i just press B.It will send back the attack .

I'm a hit and run type of player
I like fast/speedy characters while I'm dashing I go for a quick attack then I leave
I need practice with this though I still get countered by grabs n stuff ;-;
But this is what I do sometimes

Since I played the original Super Smash Bros. on a emulator, I've always mained Captain Falcon, and now along with him, I main Little Mac and Cloud as well.
So my favourite playstyle in a Smash game is always the "Strong and Fast, but crappy recovery" playstyle, but all these characters can Wall-Jump so I can at least do that, depending on the stage, of course.

Back