Favorite Rayman Game?

• Thread starter The Amazing Rayman
  • Start date
The Amazing Rayman

The Amazing Rayman

The Amazing Rayman
Towns Folk
What is your favorite Rayman game?

Rayman 3! It's just plain amazing! Great gameplay, fun combat, a few puzzles here and there, really enjoyable music, memorable boss battles, plenty of humor and so much more! It was the first game in the series that I played, I loved it back then and I still love it now! Also let's not forget that the game is HUGE! Really large areas and lot's of things to do that easily keep you busy for 80+ hours! Another thing is the replay value! It's worth playing over and over a couple of time and won't get you bored as easily as others (eg: Origins) do!

PS: I still remember spending 2 hours in that basement trying to hit that shielded boss! It was incredibly annoying, but I still liked it!

Reactions: The Amazing Rayman
I think that my favorite would be Rayman Fiesta Run for the iOS if that counts. It was extremely addicted even though I always had trouble at some point with the controls xP

Rayman Legends! It was such a fun game, especially when you play multiplayer mode. I really liked the maps and characters and pretty much everything lol. I feel like playing it again. :love:

Legends for me.

i only played rayman fiesta run on kindle (best 2d sidescroller on the market ^.^) and rayman 3d, Im not done with 3d yet and im almost done with fiesta run...But i like the n64 style of rayman 3d.

Rayman 3! It's just plain amazing! Great gameplay, fun combat, a few puzzles here and there, really enjoyable music, memorable boss battles, plenty of humor and so much more! It was the first game in the series that I played, I loved it back then and I still love it now! Also let's not forget that the game is HUGE! Really large areas and lot's of things to do that easily keep you busy for 80+ hours! Another thing is the replay value! It's worth playing over and over a couple of time and won't get you bored as easily as others (eg: Origins) do!

PS: I still remember spending 2 hours in that basement trying to hit that shielded boss! It was incredibly annoying, but I still liked it!

Sweet! I'm definitely putting 3 on my Christmas list!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have yet to play a rayman game. i might have played one for like gba or something, but nothing since then. What kind of gameplay does rayman games have? how many rayman games are out on the 3ds or ds? and which ones are the ones for a newbie to play first?

My favorite Rayman game is Rayman rabids TV party for the Nintendo DS because it was one on the first Nintendo DS game I played next to New super Mario bros. I thought it had a unique and cool gameplay somewhat similar to a warioware type game.

My favorite rayman game probably has to be Rayman Origins, only because it's the first I've played.
I've played rayman legends but only the demo it's fun as well though :)

i have yet to play a rayman game. i might have played one for like gba or something, but nothing since then. What kind of gameplay does rayman games have? how many rayman games are out on the 3ds or ds? and which ones are the ones for a newbie to play first?
Rayman games are platformers ( main series games anyways) I definitely wouldn't recommend the Rayman games on 3ds/DS. I would recommend Origins as your first one.

granted i only really owned rayman 2 and 3, rayman 3 was the best, looked so amazing for its time, catchy music, magical atmosfere around it, epic boss fights (4 stage end boss, just wow). Had lots of fun playing :)

Rayman games are platformers ( main series games anyways) I definitely wouldn't recommend the Rayman games on 3ds/DS. I would recommend Origins as your first one.
You DO know Rayman Origins is on the 3DS too and it's much better than the PC version, right?

I own four Rayman games;those being Rayman DS,Rayman Origins in the Xbox 360,Rayman 3D and Rayman Legends on the Wii U.I do like them all,but my favorite is Rayman Legends out of the ones I played(which would also include the original portable Rayman and another one for the Game Boy Advance,if my memory doesn't fail on remembering that). :)
While the other ones are indeed fun and imaginative in their own rights,Legends exhilarates with its ideas and level design,alongside some hilarious humor too.And technically speaking,you get two games for the price of one,as this game features a brand majority of the levels present in Origins,with some changes from time to time.Essentialy,the gameplay,slapped in with some nice music and nice rewards for completionists out there,is amazing. :D
Also,should I mention this game has one of,if not the best usages of the Wii U Gamepad present to date?

Rayman Legends is the only Rayman game I have ever played and it's one of the best and most enjoyable games ever. I always play it for a little while after I'm bored with Fifa or Battlefield.

Rayman Origins on the Wii-U. Specifically on the Wii-U because on the PS4 all you have to do is press a button to direct the green dude around. On the Wii-U the one using the gamepad has to manually do everything, so a lot more teamwork is involved. :rotfl:

really loved Origins but Rayman 2 has more nostalgic value to me. And it is difficult to compare 2d and 3d platformers. Origins is more about making precise jumps while Rayman 2 is more about exploration and some puzzle solving.

From a game design standpoint Rayman 2 has a lot of flaws. It is designed like a 2d platformer where you can't go backwards in some areas. It almost encourages you to kill yourself if you miss a lum. You also have a ton of health and death really doesn't matter (but it pretty much is the same in Origins).

My favorite Rayman game would have to be Rayman Legends, as I have many great memories of playing it in all its hectic glory with my friends and family, many of whom enjoyed it quite a bit as well. I loved the music, level design, and high speed action that the game provided, as well as the hours worth of replay value...

Back