Ultimate favorite smash ultimate characters and what you hope for next DLC lineup? (Be nice!)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
one of the best things about this game besides the spirits system is probably the massive character rooster. even if you dont have any of the DLC characters or you dont have many of them (like me) either from a lack of money, or because many of them dont interest you theres still plenty to choose from and theres gotta be someone you like right? lol...

and we also dont have the rest of the DLC lineup so theres going to be at least a few more on the way as well. unfortunately i dont think there will be a third DLC lineup but for whatever is next im hoping for a couple in particular:

Lavenza (persona 5) cant see much argument on this one. shes doll cute and was pretty sweet with some of her dialogue and her character (i havent played persona 5 but ive seen enough to understand her abilities and personality). for final smash she could probably just use her all out animation or use a splurge of attacks from her personas (would be VERY broken obviously but many existing final smashes are so) and she could also have a persona guage like joker did but her powers be stronger here in this case (it would make sense considering what she was to avoid possible spoilers). im going to be honest, Lavenza might very well break the game in half but competitive battles have rules for a reason... and it cant be as nasty as hero was right?

Kos-mos (xenoblade 2?) so this one im pretty straightforward on... she was my absolute favorite blade in xenoblade chronicles 2. and i also found her a very pretty and physically attractive character. plus, why doesnt a combat machine like her not deserve a place in a game like smash ultimate? she was also very OP in xenoblade 2. anyone who got her early on like me was very lucky as most struggled like crazy to spawn her because of RNG. she would make an excellent ranged character too and would probably beat palutena at this

so those two are what i hope to see in the next DLC releases... im not sure how much of a chance Kos mos has but Lavenza might have a good chance to make it in and id buy her if she did too. so for my favorite characters i really like byleth, hero, bayonetta and joker (joker is harder though so i dont use him often). most of these are easy to play and have really good and cool looks. i also like byleths color skin that has the pale green on the hair and eyes in the girl form, it looks pretty =) shes easy to use and does good damage, and hero just is an amazing ruiner of all... i one hitted some of the CPU's at zero damage several times! and this was them getting point blanked... not launched too far away. just blam, they disappeared before respawning. one of these was on the final stock which obviously ended the game. bayonetta gives some fun and easy spike kills and funny air damage too and im not top class on aerials so that helps sometimes, plus shes cool =)

so who do you like most and want to see in the next DLC? remember be nice, this isnt about bashing each other

Reactions: Deepak
massive character rooster.
The rooster IS pretty amazing :chicken:. Jkjk :p.
I really want waluigi. They added sans and steve. So why not waluigi? Spyro would be a cool character to add. Hopefully he’s not a charizard carbon copy. A character that i thought of last year was a replacement for dr.mario. It would be builder mario. He would be way better than dr.mario as he would have an actually unique moveset.

As for existing dlc, I only own hero and joker. Both of which I absolutely love. I tried out min min but didn’t like her too much. Now hero is seriously OP in my opinion. He is such a fun character because he’s unpredictable. Joker on the other hand looks really cool. He looks like someone i would be friends with. I LOVE persona music. And the stage looks super cool (except for the cat sounds every now and then). Joker is harder to use but he has a super fast gameplay. Two jokers fighting against each other is really fun cuz its so frantic and rushed. Steves mechanics looks interesting but i think they added to many mechanics for him. We’ll see soon.

I'm not really attached to any more characters from my (ongoing) childhood. I am very happy of the fighters we currently have though, but the only characters I have any attachments to are maybe like peas hooter and angry birds from before I started playing console games so like yeah. So yeah instant Steve secondary day Edit: Actually wait no Bandana Dee. Something about him just resonates with me ya know?

Last edited:
The rooster IS pretty amazing :chicken:. Jkjk :p.
I really want waluigi. They added sans and steve. So why not waluigi? Spyro would be a cool character to add. Hopefully he’s not a charizard carbon copy. A character that i thought of last year was a replacement for dr.mario. It would be builder mario. He would be way better than dr.mario as he would have an actually unique moveset.

As for existing dlc, I only own hero and joker. Both of which I absolutely love. I tried out min min but didn’t like her too much. Now hero is seriously OP in my opinion. He is such a fun character because he’s unpredictable. Joker on the other hand looks really cool. He looks like someone i would be friends with. I LOVE persona music. And the stage looks super cool (except for the cat sounds every now and then). Joker is harder to use but he has a super fast gameplay. Two jokers fighting against each other is really fun cuz its so frantic and rushed. Steves mechanics looks interesting but i think they added to many mechanics for him. We’ll see soon.
but sans is a mii outfit lol... i dont think it was a character but i did like the callie and marie splatoon mii outfits ! i havent bought a lot of these but i definitely love these two. made me spend around one hour making the face match the character in mii maker though haha, but it felt worth it even if its a bit silly XD

i also love hero, and yeah you cant predict him relaibly because of the really good RNG he gets, this is true. some of these are huge AOE's like kamikaze and magic burst (magic burst is obviously safer though, no risk of wasteful suicide). the only annoying thing for me about kamikaze as a solo player is its just useless in spirit fights and classic because we get one lift in these modes instead of two. i wish we got two lives in each of these, it wouldnt be OP on its own just a reasonable second chance if you had an annoying spike fail or otherwise. this was something that smash on wii u and 3ds did a little better. but maybe we will get a lucky adjustment in a later patch =)

but sans is a mii outfit lol...
I mean Mario is a Mii outfit too... and he's a character in Smash

I mean Mario is a Mii outfit too... and he's a character in Smash
lol yeah, kind of a pointless mii outfit too... i hope we get a pearl and marina one next though =) if we got squid sisters outfits i imagine we would get those eventually too (or should).

for base game characters though i do like bayonetta and zelda a lot, zelda got a nice change with some of her attacks and i also like that sheik is now a separate character unlike in brawl, it was annoying accidentally doing down special and switching at the wrong time =P plus it probably makes more sense to split them up too just like with samus/ zero suit to eliminate some awkward secrets (pushing - before starting the next battle to get zero suit samus). i also found story mode easier in ultimate as well but unfortunately the master fortress hidden boss no longer exists =(

Reactions: Jisenku
lol yeah, kind of a pointless mii outfit too... i hope we get a pearl and marina one next though =) if we got squid sisters outfits i imagine we would get those eventually too (or should).

for base game characters though i do like bayonetta and zelda a lot, zelda got a nice change with some of her attacks and i also like that sheik is now a separate character unlike in brawl, it was annoying accidentally doing down special and switching at the wrong time =P plus it probably makes more sense to split them up too just like with samus/ zero suit to eliminate some awkward secrets (pushing - before starting the next battle to get zero suit samus). i also found story mode easier in ultimate as well but unfortunately the master fortress hidden boss no longer exists =(
In the main game, I love using cloud. He’s my main if I didnt have dlc. There are many characters that look cool but i suck with them. Like inkling and snake look really cool. But I need more practice with them. Zero suit samus is pretty good. That side b is so useful.

As for mii costumes, I never buy them. I will only buy a mii costume if it comes with something extra like a music track. Thats why I bought cuphead and sans. Megalovania is so good. :eyes:

I enjoy mostly swordies like Shulk, Corrin, and sometimes Cloud. I have some interest in Chrom but I don't think he's that good. Of course because I main Pit that means he is the best one in my opinion. My favorite zoner is Mii Gunner even before the memes but second to me is Samus because she has a lot of easy combos and a lot of options, plus I like that she's floaty. Always liked her in Melee too. Ridley is fun no matter how many ways I think he could be destroyed (by Pikachu). He's the ultimate casual destroyer imo. Falco and Wolf are really fun too for being fast strong with some unique hitboxes and a lot of ways to approach optimally. Olimar is also fun for his gimmicks but he's kinda lame when his best options are on the ground. He's like a well rounded Little Mac who is also pretty fun.

All other characters I just don't play and are probably trash :p jk

I think we'll see Porky, Doom Guy, Spyro, and Crash. Doom Guy has been, from what I've seen, leaked along with a cutscene with Ness in it. The other two just make sense to me because they are relevant and have their own unique games with special movements. Banjo kinda put a nail in Crash's coffin imo but they are different enough although I don't know a lot about crash. Spyro in Japan had a weird camera and that might turn Sakurai away at first glance but come on Sakurai how many dragons you got in Smash? Okay, bad question. It would be strange if he got caught under the rug though. Sora could go in but he's nothing original as far as gameplay goes... sorta. It's like a more fleshed out ARPG where hordes remind you of Dynasty Warriors but with plenty of bosses that are pretty fun. Also Cloud could see Sora again and that would have a different victory thing if they fight and one of them wins.

I enjoy mostly swordies like Shulk, Corrin, and sometimes Cloud. I have some interest in Chrom but I don't think he's that good. Of course because I main Pit that means he is the best one in my opinion. My favorite zoner is Mii Gunner even before the memes but second to me is Samus because she has a lot of easy combos and a lot of options, plus I like that she's floaty. Always liked her in Melee too. Ridley is fun no matter how many ways I think he could be destroyed (by Pikachu). He's the ultimate casual destroyer imo. Falco and Wolf are really fun too for being fast strong with some unique hitboxes and a lot of ways to approach optimally. Olimar is also fun for his gimmicks but he's kinda lame when his best options are on the ground. He's like a well rounded Little Mac who is also pretty fun.

All other characters I just don't play and are probably trash :p jk

I think we'll see Porky, Doom Guy, Spyro, and Crash. Doom Guy has been, from what I've seen, leaked along with a cutscene with Ness in it. The other two just make sense to me because they are relevant and have their own unique games with special movements. Banjo kinda put a nail in Crash's coffin imo but they are different enough although I don't know a lot about crash. Spyro in Japan had a weird camera and that might turn Sakurai away at first glance but come on Sakurai how many dragons you got in Smash? Okay, bad question. It would be strange if he got caught under the rug though. Sora could go in but he's nothing original as far as gameplay goes... sorta. It's like a more fleshed out ARPG where hordes remind you of Dynasty Warriors but with plenty of bosses that are pretty fun. Also Cloud could see Sora again and that would have a different victory thing if they fight and one of them wins.
i would actually buy spyro, i didnt play a lot of his games (because of the usual lazy dev problems with nintendo...) but he looks pretty cool and i wouldnt mind him being DLC even though he isnt a first pick id hope for, still passable for me as well. the only problem is they might make his moves duplicates of ridley and thats the only problem this might pose... maybe im wrong though (hopefully). still hope to see Lavenza and Kos-Mos though =)

my favorites are probably still going to be Byleth, hero, and Bayonetta though. i like joker but hes pretty hard to do for me, rosalina i feel a little better but still need practice on her

Reactions: Artisan
Isabelle is probably my fave. ^w^ And Corrin.

I'd really like to see Agnès from Bravely Default. There's so much they could do for her move set, considering how many jobs (classes) were available in both Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

Maybe her Final Smash could be a summoning spell. :3c During Bravely Second (which pauses time for all but its user(s)), of course.

I always wanted them to add Mallow from SMRPG, but that's unlikely because the whole purpose of DLC from nintendo's perspective is to get more people from other games playing smash.

I'd like to see Artoria from the Fate series get in, primarily because the reactions to her reveal would be priceless. So unexpected yet entirely possible by the unwritten rules of Smash fighters.

Now that most of the smash characters are out so will probably never see them come out and even then probably would never see these two characters in smash but id really love to have Spyro and Crash in the game. they always enter stuff together and are great pals so id love to see them enter smash together as a double entry that would be amazing and i think they both would fit smash brothers very well.

Reactions: Artisan
Back