Favorite Switch Fighting Game.

• Thread starter Chronal
  • Start date
Chronal

Chronal

egirl no 1
Towns Folk
The Switch has a variety of fun fighting games on it. From more party style games like My Hero: One's Justice to classics like Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, what fighting game has garnered the most attention from you?

For outside reasons, I've been investing a chunk of time into One's Justice. I don't think it's my favorite, but I enjoy My Hero enough to get a kick of of the game.
My favorite would probably have to be the early Switch release ARMS. I got pretty invested in the community back when it was released, and it's fun to pull out for a few rounds with friends now. I'd still give it a 6/10 in an unbiased since, but at the same time, there's enough for me personally to enjoy that my own rating is higher.

Arms is fun, but I definitely will stick with smash bros ultimate as my go to fighting game, period. Its a great party game for starters, as it's very easy to pick up and start playing with 8 people. I can't say the same for other Switch fighting games that I know of with accessibility.

Now in regards to online.... That's a major dumpster fire with the peer to peer connection that makes matches laggy and unplayable. But for local play it's fantastic.

Reactions: Chronal
Arms is fun, but I definitely will stick with smash bros ultimate as my go to fighting game, period. Its a great party game for starters, as it's very easy to pick up and start playing with 8 people. I can't say the same for other Switch fighting games that I know of with accessibility.

Now in regards to online.... That's a major dumpster fire with the peer to peer connection that makes matches laggy and unplayable. But for local play it's fantastic.
I love Smash, but the problem I have is the huge skill gap among my friend group. I have two friends that are near competitive level and a few that can't seem to get past the basics. This big gap can make playing it a lot less fun since it eventually just becomes a 1v1 between the two gods, and leaving them out isn't fair since they're almost always there and our super close friends.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
I love Smash, but the problem I have is the huge skill gap among my friend group. I have two friends that are near competitive level and a few that can't seem to get past the basics. This big gap can make playing it a lot less fun since it eventually just becomes a 1v1 between the two gods, and leaving them out isn't fair since they're almost always there and our super close friends.
That is true, but with the inclusion of all the items those gaps don't matter as much, at least in my scenario. But I agree it does suck to have borderline professional players and newbies go against each other. I believe that smash bros ultimate has team fights, so like with any sport a 3 v 3 with evenly allocated skills of players could work out well in your scenario.

I do agree that it's tough though, I sometimes have to intentionally screw up to not dominate the non smash friends.

Reactions: Chronal
I have two moderately complex games that are closer to the type of the genre but are intensely fun on their own respect to recommend. Joy Mech Fight and BBTAG. Later I might recommend Lethal League Blaze (indie Smash) or Rivals of Aether (pixel Smash) when it comes to Switch.

Joy Mech Fight only requires a Japanese account and possibly an NSO membership. It's on the Famicom and made by Nintendo. The most basic of fighters but it does have button combos and the attack triangle and absolutely no cornering. This leads to super long games potentially. There are for sure 8 fighters but I'm not sure if unlocking more is even possible. There's a useful game mode for checking move damage and button combos. There are little to no combos in this game leading to close matches.

BBTAG is that anime fighter with more to it but if you get used to the flow of battle each additional option gives you a chance to not get bullied. Even lower skill players can look good playing this game because of button combos that require one or two commands but there are more than that in theory. It can feel mindless and the DLC is a lot to ask for though but for the base game, there is enough to be content with.

I actually won Arms from another forums’ giveaway. I really enjoyed that game, but it also caused me a ton of stress as well. :rotfl:

My favorite fighting game on Switch, though, personally, is Dragonball Xenoverse 2. It’s a 3D fighter, but still. I love that game.

Somewhat off topic, but for anyone who enjoys 3D Anime fighters I recommend Jump Force. I’ve been playing it for free on my Xbox through Game Pass and I really like it.

smash, even now i still play it sometimes ,specially because it gets a good amount of extra content and rebalance patches over time

also i think pokken should get a sequel, the only thing i truly dont like about that game is how the levels carry to online modes, I think levels should be only for offline one player modes or not have rpg elements at all

The Switch has a variety of fun fighting games on it. From more party style games like My Hero: One's Justice to classics like Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, what fighting game has garnered the most attention from you?

For outside reasons, I've been investing a chunk of time into One's Justice. I don't think it's my favorite, but I enjoy My Hero enough to get a kick of of the game.
My favorite would probably have to be the early Switch release ARMS. I got pretty invested in the community back when it was released, and it's fun to pull out for a few rounds with friends now. I'd still give it a 6/10 in an unbiased since, but at the same time, there's enough for me personally to enjoy that my own rating is higher.
attack on titan, but that’s a little more if ur into the anime

I don't own many fighting games on my Switch...well I think I ony own MK 11 and Xenoverse 2 two different style,and i love them,for me Switch is perfect for battling when you want

I'm just going to be "that guy" and say Super Smash Bros. Ultimate :panda:

I dont currently own this game for Switch, but Samurai Showdown will have to be my favorite! I like this fighter, as its more of a sword fighter, it is one of the best!

Back