Favorite Weapon?

• Thread starter Flarence
  • Start date
Flarence

Flarence

Noble of Flames~!
Towns Folk
What weapons do you personally prefer to use?

I find Great Swords, Long Swords, Dual Blades, and Lances are my top used weapons. I'll probably make a gunner set eventually though just to spice things up.

I actually tried Long Swords first... Didn't change yet.
I will try dual blades soon.

I'm using Dual Blades mostly, I want to try using the Gun Lance and the Switch axe soon.

I'm starting to like the dual blades. I'll post an update later when I purchase more weapons in the game.

Reactions: jandkas
dual blades for sure

dual blades for sure

same here. i only played the demo but from playing that i thought that it was the best. and are there more weapons than on the demo?

same here. i only played the demo but from playing that i thought that it was the best. and are there more weapons than on the demo?
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Demos are always limited in terms of what they provide so there are probably more weapons in the actual game (note: I don't own the game so I could be wrong)

@3dsatackman @naagza no, MH3U demo covers all types of weapon.
I personally love dual blade for close-range combat and bow for dexterity training. The insect rod introduced in MH4 is really cool anyway. It feels like controlling bug on one side and playing with rod on the other side. Though this feature is a bit similar with Horn weapon, Insect Rod looks more flexible and cooler.

Dual Blades were my first weapons in MH, but Longswords are my eternal favorite, most especially in recent editions of the games that feature awesome samurai-styled attack animations for the spirit combo. Gunlances probably hold a close second. Because everyone loves explosions.

Speaking of favorites and not usefulness, mine would be the Gunlance.

It is a shield, lance and gun COMBINED!! I flipped out when I saw it as a weapon choice, and the gun can dish out a powerful blow called the Wyvern Blast I believe. It's insane and makes me smile with destructive power.

for me my favorite weapon is the gun lance and the heavy gun
i love the combination of shield - gun - lance
but coming up close is the long sword - gets me thinking about the bada$$ samurai + anime
the bow is also quite cool

i mainly used dual blades due to its high DPS capability in demon mode (if that's what it's called). i remember hunting with a bunch of friends and i usually am the one assigned to knock down monsters. also the ability to dodge in the middle of a combo helps a lot.

I used the dual blades the most. It's lighter than some of other weapons. I don't want to use gun because it need to bey ammo. And also, do any one use hunting horn? If yes, how do that thing work?

I've used Dual Blades the most. It has the highest DPS in the game, which is awesome :)

I started with Greatsword and I find it to be extremely versatile. It has power and it is relatively mobile (in comparison to the hammer). I also really like the Brachyidos Dual Blades. Using demon dance and spamming X+A deals a ton of damage.

In Tri, I started with Sword&Shield. But then I couldn't beat Gobul, so I switched to Great Sword. So it became my main for rest of the story and even online. It was after that I tried Long Sword and I was so much better with it, so it became my main weapon.
I'm still mainly long sword user, gunlance being secondary, but I've got a pretty good grasp on all weapon types (Hunting horn is still bit hard...).

Back