Favorite Wii U Ad

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
What is your favorite Wii u ad? Mine would have to be the one for super Mario maker as it made me laugh. However, the NSMBU ad convinced me to get a Wii u

I think that my favorite WiiU ad would have to be the original one that advertised the console back in 2012. It was extremely weird and made almost no ones e as to what the product being marketed did or what it was (which is part of the reason that the system sold as poorly as it did (even though it still sold better than Xbox 1, but nobody seems to talk about that)).

I really liked the one with the 19 year old looking man is playing zombi u and needs help so he asks his action figure best friendand when he doesn’t answer he asks on miiverseand then his older brother calls to tell him that he will beat it when he gets home like with every other game, and then he calls his grandpa on wii u chat. This commercial is comedy at its finest, as well as giving hype (though most of the things that happened don’t in real life, nobody sits with miiverse open on thier phone, waiting for someone to need thier help because the only thing they are good at is video games, and nobody goes on wii u chat to get thier questions answered. Most people would just ask in the comments for more details.

Hands down, the Amiibo ad. It made me cringe the whole way through, but I still love it for some reason. :p

I remember the amiibo one too. It was hilariously cringey. Seriously Nintendo...

Reactions: Samster
So bad... :p

So bad... :p

How much money did nintendo pay them to convince them to do bad acting???

How much money did nintendo pay them to convince them to do bad acting???

I think Nintendo has very low standards and thought the cringier the better.

Speaking of Smash, I think there's one Japanese advert that caught my attention. I like these challenger splashes :hilarious:

As for design-wise, I like this particular advert below because it has transitions that ties with Captain Toad's logo design, while also straight-forward to show Captain Toad in action.
(this one was made years before Switch and 3DS port was revealed)

That Japanese Smash ad was pretty cool. I actually quite liked it. Too bad it wasn't in english though.

The one for Pikmin 3 where the Pikmin carry away the Wii U gamepad.

The one for Pikmin 3 where the Pikmin carry away the Wii U gamepad.

You mean this one? Pikmin carry a wii u for a short period of time midway through the ad.

That's the one. Thanks for finding it. (I have no idea how to add video clips to posts...)

You click the button that looks like two blue squares with black borders. Its next to the piece of paper and smiley face.

Surprisingly there's a Super Mario Maker Mercedes-Benz TV Commercial.
That's interesting.

Reactions: Artisan
Surprisingly there's a Super Mario Maker Mercedes-Benz TV Commercial.
That's interesting.

There are also three MB kart designs in Mario Kart 8 but there's probably a separate ad for that.

My favorite wii commercial either has to be the splatoon "your a squid now, your a kid now" or the cringy commercial of the kid getting a smash amiibo to train to impress is crush lol. *sigh* Good times. :) I miss the olden days of wii u. Too bad it's poor marketing led to the console being a failure which is a shame though cause the wii u is a pretty good console.

Back