Favourite hidden Gem

• Thread starter Shin
  • Start date
Shin

Shin

He with the heart of wood.
Banned User
So in gaming there has always been those amazing games. You then go to your friends (I would if I had any but that's not the point) and ask if they've heard of it and that you recommend it. They then look at you as if you're insane. You then look on the internet and barely anyone's heard of it. That my friends (that totally just contradicted my earlier statement didn't it) is why this is here so you can recommend them and just tell people about it.

Here's mine: (not sure if it's much of a hidden gem anymore but) The World Ends with you. It has a great story with memorable characters and everything seems super well done.

What are yours?

games in nintengo sistems
yggdra union (gba and psp): Strategy rpg you have cards, each one has a limited number of movement (shared between all your characters and you have to take care of your positioning to beat the enemies, the units have advantages and dissadvantages so you must think to win
solatorobo:(nintendo ds) its very easy, but the history is very good
999/virtue last reward:(nintendo ds) both are very good visual novels, the history is very good and I saw guides of the puzzles only to see what happens next, unfortunately, to get the true ending you must get some other endings, but it have a very good justification

games outside nintendo consoles:
hexyz force(psp) the history is some cliche, but the rpg players will enjoy it, it have a great OST
tear ring saga(psx) literally a fire emblem plagiary if we talk about the characters archetypes, gameplay and names, but the history is not plagied and its very good, in this game there are 2 lords, in one point they will split up in two groups
runan: his history is like a clasic fire emblem game, you cant grind, but at least you can visit the shops what are on the road to the next stage
holmes: his history its like awakening and sacred stones, you can grind

in some points, the two groups will reunite and you will be able to exchange units and items, you can take advantage of this to put the low level characters in holmes group and train them, but some events only happen if they are in one group

it dont have support conversations, but the characters interacts between them in the story

I will say more games if I remember then

The SMT and Devil Survivor games are mine.

I had no idea there were such games until someone on this forum told me about it. I can't really remember which game I played first between Devil Survivor Overclocked and Shin Megami Tensei IV, but I loved both.

I found the story and characters more interesting in Devil Survivor though.

Kinda feel like The World Ends With You is getting more attention, I always see it in top ds games.

Klonoa is one of my favorites, but not a lot of people even know what it is. Klonoa got a Wii port, so it counts...
I don't know if it counts, but I guess Freedom Planet? It's on the Wii U.

And of course, Minecraft. Very hidden, very gemmy.

Reactions: Shin
Another game that I've replayed recently is Advance Wars: Days of ruin. This game was so satisfying to play and the gameplay was great and the ost was awesome. The gameplay reminded me of really advanced chess or somewhat like fire emblem. It was a great underrated game that probably didn't get as much attention as it should have because it was released late into the era. Don't quote me on that though because I only played when the 3DS came out. I recommend that you give it a try if you like strategy games or RPG's. :3

My favorite hidden gem is probably Professor Heinz Wolf's Gravity for the Wii. It had a very surreal art style, interesting music, and a variety of fun modes to enjoy. I especially like its earthquake simulator. It seems like no one even knows what this game is, however, which is a shame IMO.

Back