Favourite niche 3DS game?

• Thread starter Talkative_Tween
  • Start date
Talkative_Tween

Talkative_Tween

Aspiring Kawaii Boyo
Towns Folk
I know that the 3DS is practically dead and probably nobody will read this, but what is your favourite niche 3DS game? Every time I ask "What's your favourite 3DS game?", I always get the same handful of video game series, and I wanted to see if I could find any games that perhaps I haven't heard of.

My favourite is Gurumin 3D, it has a fantastic sound track, engaging gameplay and plot, and the characters are hilarious. It's truly a hidden gem and last I checked, it was only $15 Dollars CAD, WELL worth the price. (In my opinion)

Reactions: Deepak
It's not exactly niche, but I LOVE the Inazuma Eleven series, anime, games, and all. It's a pretty dumb series admittably; just some classes super-powered shounen style soccer by the same game studio that made Youkai Watch, but the show was a decent part of my childhood, and the game was actually the first game I bought using a giftcard I earned on this site (way back in like... an anniversary event for writing Mother 3 fanfiction.... truly a highlight of my 3ds/Nintenpedia career.)

Wow, that sounds cool, and must be pretty nostalgic. I love games that remind you of a milestone or a fun period in life, Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquillity is like that for me.

I really liked this game called "fantasy life". its like a combination of zelda and animal crossing and its a really fun game with nice rpg elements. There's so much content in the game and it could easily be played for 200+ hours.

Yeah, I've heard of that and nearly bought it, but I went with Rune Factory 4 Special instead though. I might be picking it up when I finish Rune Factory 4 Special!

It has to be either tomodachi life, new super Mario bros 2, or smash. I'm leaning towards tomodachi life cause tomodachi life was a very quirky and lovable game. I hope Nintendo makes a sequel for the switch in the future. I honestly could never see the 3ds as dead tbh. Cause honestly the 3ds has way more portability than a switch does. The 3ds is just so timeless. It's the reason why the 3ds has been alive for like almost a decade.

Oh my gosh, I LOVED Tomodachi Life. I unlocked almost everything quite a while ago, and eventually I sold it because there wasn't enough new things to do to keep me engaged. I got around $30 CAD and it helped me buy something! (I forget what though). Definitely a nice game, I immensely enjoyed the time I has with it.

I still love my 3DS so much and play it super often! I actually upgraded to XL a few months ago and it is such a big difference !! I have been finding some really cool games on the E-Shop and some of my favorites are probably Steamworld Dig (the first and second) and Miles and Kilo !! They are both super fun games that I can play anytime :) (and Tomodachi Life is also one of my favorites!! Don’t play it as much as I used to but it’s such a cute game!!)

Ikachan comes to mind. It is in the Metroidvania category but it's underwater providing a more unique take with different movement actions. The only glaring problem had with the game was it was short. Also Project X Zone but that's like an experimental Devil Survivor game. I wish it was it's own thing and not like a huge crossover but I at least played the demo and it was fun.

Back