FF Explorers FF Explorers: easy encase almost any eidolon (what i do to make it easier)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
being at 5* quests as of this post, i will definitely not argue that one of the most atrocious things in the game is encasing any eidolon and well, heres a brief summary of why this can be so easily frustrating:

#1: AI interference this is absolutely the worst part of the process in my case. almost every failed encase i had was because they kept attacking the eidolon too much and despite the large AOEs these bosses have my mobs just didnt want to get one shotted for me (example: diablos dark messenger right before he dies, ally AI mob dying during or immediately after the animation when they faint). this was so infuriating i actually had a rage quit

#2: RNG carnival games this one is a bit more self explanatory, but anyone who plays knows that crystal surges are random when you open the ability menu to choose one. obviously here we need to get encase to show up, and this is another place where the game can be very uncooperative. try piling this with that extremely aggravating AI interference... you will find out before long why i got so mad at the AI here

#3: Underestimating yourself this is easily the most embarrassing one, but have you ever kept spamming away your abilities to lower the boss's health and then accidentally going a bit too far? well this happened to me a couple times but it wasnt repeatedly happening fortunately. always keep an eye on the boss health and this shouldnt happen often but almost everyone probably did this a couple times

so with all of that out of the way, how the heck are we supposed to grind encasing for adding skills on our equipment as reliably as possible? well luckily i did manage to figure a few things out myself and the hints are incredibly useful and make this significantly less frustrating. the first thing we definitely need to do is unequip all of our AI mobs. NEVER attempt to encase an eidolon with your ally monsters on the quest. there were too many times where i failed to encase because they wouldnt stay put or die on time so never bring them. the other very important piece is this: you can initiate a 1* quest and still access any eidolon location and then quit after you encase the one you want and you will keep the encased boss this way. this is extremely useful when you need multis and you wont die much or at all like this. malice hazard is also very trivial by doing this instead of the higher level ones, and you get the same quality magicite so the reduced power isnt detrimental either.

the only other thing youll need from there is at least 3 healing or non-attack spells. the reason for this is because you can spam low cooldown heals and still build resonance along with re-rolling listed crystal surges. this is easily one of the most important things since we can only use 3 oracles per game, this way you wont flat screwed and have to kill the eidolon or quit to retry since attacking them in orange health is what youll be stuck doing if you cant reroll the surges without attacking.

i managed to catch leviathan 5 times in a row with next to zero hassle like this for my all elements boost on my armor and doing all of this makes the process significantly less rage inducing. even the less skilled or lesser equipped can do this with very few notable problems. being a busted machinist its very common for me to render mobs helpless and my DPS monster partners didnt make the task any better for me (i probably shouldnt have had magic pot and centaurion though... this obviously has death written all over it...). but with this process i can safely do high damage and still encase without a million problems or mean AI hazard

Back