FF Explorers FF Explorers: help surviving bahamut later on& annoying leviathan encase tips?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ive gotten to 5* quests purely solo and only playing machinist past the very early game, and the only summon bosses that are giving me a few obvious problems where i am now are bahamut (VERY powerful AOEs and i thought i caught him healing unless it was a false illusion given how close to him my chocobo was to him) and leviathan has also caused me some trouble. she isnt very hard to beat unlike bahamut where it feels like a survival struggle, but she is extremely annoying to encase/ capture because of flipping Tsunami. i also had my idiot AI mobs kill her a number of times where i once again had to repeat this garbage. i know to go upstairs to avoid getting blown away, but she sometimes does Tsunami as much as 5 times in a row and i cant seem to shoot her from here or lure her away from the shore. i had my AI mobs both fainted when i tried to bait her but she wouldnt move sadly. some people said to use levistone to avoid tsunami but i did this and it didnt work. i got blown away while the timer for it was still active. i managed to catch her once but at the cost of an hours worth ot attempts =( anyone know a less tedious way to farm her crystal? i need multis for All Element trait and this seems like it would be a hopeless snoozefest considering the round where i did catch her took like 20 minutes since i was forced to go easy on her (i can probably kill her in 2 minutes or less solo since my AI mobs hog the malice for me. already did once lol). is there any way to avoid beiny blown away without going upstairs?

now for bahamut... how much magic defense do i actually need for this monster? almost all his attacks cut about 1-4th of my health and when that didnt happen he would just spam one massive spell after another which is why he was such a bad damage sponge. im at around 350 magic defense with no element penalty, is he just stupid powerful or do i need silly high resistance for this one? im doing a proper share of grinding on my solo play and he just seems to hit so dang hard no matter what... i beat him once on 4* quest but his strength at the intermediate level here is definitely concerning for later when its obviously going to be much worse. i want to go back to his 4* quest to catch him but i feel i may need around 500 magic defense to reduce the damage here... what is his dominant element? if i know this it should help me prepare for the later much harder solos.

thanks in advance to any pros who might be able to give me hints here

Back