FF Explorers FF Explorers: most annoying things late/ post game

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
overall i think this game is pretty fun, a lot of job classes for anyone to use, good possible ally mobs (magic pot is my favorite here), and pretty strong summons. the summons i like most are alexander (trance state defense is crazy from this and strong summon attack) and amaterasu (shes strong but also kinda pretty imo), and of course fun bosses too. as a machinist exclusive person i dont have trouble doing plenty of damage solo but we all have some things that are easily found annoying during gameplay. here are mine:

#1: take this 10,000 debuffs from one attack or die ! this is annoyingly common once you reach 4* and pretty much everything beyond that... even the regular mobs start doing this at an annoying and inconvenient frequency later in the game. this is why its highly advised to keep Esuna or a reliable mutation handy at all times to get rid of those instead of going badly nerfed or dangerously incapacitated. this is obviously going to be suicide especially solo if you dont keep at least 2 status and health recovery abilities. online might also be bad if a teammate has it and isnt paying well attention to their partners (even as a solo player i know this is going to happen online more or less... its very self explanatory really). its normal for there to just be a lack of time or proper opening, but unfortunately some just arent good at paying attention to their partners. one of the benefits of being solo here is definitely knowing to be aware that this will probably happen sometimes as i would readily have esuna and curaga4 available to me at all times (even if i do go online) so clumsy teammate hazard wouldnt be as detrimental for me, but babysitting isnt really what any of us want to do either haha...

#2: Avoid the strong, target the weak this one isnt as bad as the above, but sometimes the bosses or eidolons focus so much on my AI mobs that they end up going out of range a bit too many times. its ok for them to be distracted here since i can freely spam them to death, but online this would obviously be very dangerous for any lesser equipped players. co op would almost certainly require more caution than solo generally would, so if you know your partners arent very high geared make sure they arent the attention magnet and use at least two abilities to increase malice so things are more evened out. if anyone is singled out too often it can be detrimental to the entire team in worst cases, especially against a super one like omega weapon this is obviously a dangerous game to play. i wouldnt call it a really nice way to troll either, especially in the serious battles ! >_<

#3: Ignore the mobs when theres too many ive had this happen a lot... my AI monsters arent always cooperative focusing on the right mobs at the right time, especially when theres a large number in a very small or sealed off area, then i get sandwiched and usually get that 10,000 debuffs of joy and forced to esuna (see why that was #1?). then by the time i kill half the bunch my AI monsters are like 'oh oops we went the wrong way sorry' and start attacking the mobs near me, almost always when theres only 1 or 2 left where id be unscathed alone... just wow >_< ignoring too many of the mobs is probably a much worse nuisance online since people will want to go straight for the boss instead of filling their trance guage before a very strong boss (another reason to not ignore the mobs too much! this can save a lot of trouble and possibly additional deaths). its one thing when you have a 20 minute timer, but when you have 30-40 minutes for one boss? theres no reason we shouldnt have time to build guage here! =P

overall awesome game, but in my opinion these are the most annoying things to experience when playing (especially when they happen too often in a short time). what do you think is the most annoying thing to deal with during gameplay?

Back