FF Explorers FF Explorers: RNG gone way too far (impossible endless link farm)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so apparently ive run into the most horridly rigged thing in the game... i decided to try farming endless link to boost my altered attacks that are status sponges to improve the damage. and boy was this the worst idea... youll see why

i wasted over 3 hours to get this stupid ability to appear even once! and not only is this such an unfairly low crystal surge but when it does show up you get dud combos or stuff that cant work in skill link making this farm a total waste and not worth the time at all. i literally took the fastest route possible with 3 cactuars and this is simply not going to happen and one seriously major OUT. this is so broken its not even funny--its pretty much impossible to unlock the ultimate abilities like this! why is endless link in this dumb game when it never even shows up on the list? theres no point going for the supers when this move almost never appears on the surge list... ive seen people with very rare special abilities and i swear theyre hacked considering how terrible endless link spawn rate is.

guess im not going to get those on my dragoon or machinist when what is needed doesnt even show up ever

Reactions: Jisenku
^ (bump because still no edit button on my screen, i am sorry)
ok so i just did a 1 hour farm and got zero reset with +4 instant cooldown and this time i went in and out of areas and killed the mobs. but-- i only kill the mobs after my three cactuars get me to 300+ resonance so surges appear in all 4 slots. dont kill any mobs before they boost your resonsance this high since it will waste the spawns, and if the AI tries to be sneaky and attempt to kill the mobs too early just quickly turn around so you force teleport them and they wont kill the spawns too early like this.

i got endless link to appear a lot more like this and i am solo as well. co op can work but im guessing (if its possible) 600+ resonance is pretty silly and not needed at all for this grind so i dont think co op will matter unless everyone spams oracles. oracles werent doing anything for me though unfortunately. but if i camp the resonance from 3 cactuars and kill the mobs once its high enough (use your abilities or you wont roll/ reroll surges so avoid anything that requires a high cooldown as this will only hinder the process especially if you miss the enemy. any super meta mages who have high count instant cooldown can probably ignore this though). i generally spawn endless link after roughly 10 minutes and sometimes 5 minutes this way.

the only sucky part is i didnt get the instant cooldown or right ability link on my other moves im using, but as long as it appears reliably that should be ok for now. so in conclusion based on personal experience and observarion in game, its very likely that endless link has a 1-3% spawn in the surge list if the surges are rolled without attacking or killing an enemy. a lot of people struggle getting it to appear but with high resonance and killing the mobs enough it seems to appear a lot more frequently. i did this for a couple hours and im pretty sure its near impossible if you ignore the mobs completely

Back