FF Explorers FF Explorers: the abberant eidolon farming struggle (its not the battles...)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i got myself to 10* quests doing purely solo, and it seems that based on some (rather tedious) research, i supposedly unlocked the final string of equipment in game. there were a few armor sets that had good defense and were very pretty to look at imo, so i farmed the genesis armor first and the other set i wanted was the tempus armor since it has better magic defense than most of my other (now outranked besides the hades and genesis armor) armors, and all i thought i had to do was just fight a high tier regular eidolon to get the drops for it... boy was i wrong.

so after a couple hours of attempted research for the part locations needed to make it, i wound up having to play the guessing game as i like to put this kind of thing. im going to tell you right now, this is by far one of the most tedious kinds of sets to put together. i spent a whole afternoons worth of free time and i got everything i needed except the water prismites. i did a bunch of subquest leeching and i was not able to drop even one of these. i got all the parts needed to forge the tempus set EXCEPT these. and what was also tiring was having every death on aberrant fenrir be from his stupid leaping (i cant dodge this no matter how many times i fight him... its very annoying after a while. and when theres the real one and two clones? yeah ok im getting out of that unscathed for sure). it doesnt even take me that long to kill him or the other abberants i had to grind the parts from, i just had to do it so many times. I even did my subquest leeching alongside the actual main quests for the abberants needed here and still not even one water prismite.

another problem is i dont know if the prismites can drop from a sub quest reward since its almost impossible to find any reliable information on late game part/ loot locations online. ive done this solo and barely take even 5 minutes to kill each of these abberant eidolons. i doubt grinding all the eidolon armor sets will happen anytime soon... so many kills needed just for prismites... ow =(

if anyone knows where to find the prismites please do share, very long...

Back