Fierce Deity Spinoff Game?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
There is no greater mystery in Zelda than the Fierce Deity mask. Where did it come from? What spirit inhabits it? Why does Majora call it the true evil? This mask alone has so many questions that we may never get answers to. Yet this mask still appears occasionally in Zelda games like Tri-Force Heroes, Breath of the Wild, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros, and so on. So you just have to wonder, why hasn't this form had its own side game?
ymNPJQy.jpg
With such a mystery behind it, having its own side game would be amazing. But what kind of game would it be? While Zelda games mostly stick to the basic Zelda formula, I feel that this game would be a bit different. The game would be very combat heavy, similar to games like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. The game would follow Zelda in that exploration would also play a key role, but I doubt it will have much puzzle elements like traditional Zeldas have. With how the Fierce Deity Link can't use items and how he only shows up to fight bosses, it's safe to assume the game would be a very combat heavy game with little puzzle elements.

As far as gameplay it could go a number of ways. But it would be cool to start off playing as a Teenage Link, just a bit older than Majoras Mask Link. Exploring a dark desolate world collecting a variety of weapons to fight with like Bows, Swords, Axes, Spears, and so on. And Link can put on the Fierce Diety Mask at any time to give him a high boost in combat, but it'll only last until his magic meter runs out. Either that or just have a game as the Fierce Deity himself and just have it be him hacking and slashing his way past powerful enemies.
Fierce_Deity_Link.png
Either way, this is an idea Eiji Aonuma should really consider. The fact that this form is referenced in many Zelda games shows that the director still shows interest in him, and while a Spin off game may be asking too much, it's definitely not that crazy to wish for. So what do you think? Would you like to see a spin off game made for this form? What would you like to see in terms of gameplay?

This is actually a game that I would love to see.Having Link maybe like 15 not too old and not too young.It would really be interesting if he was around that age and if there's something like this then it would work.And about this topic of a sorta Spinoff it would be interesting if Dark Link got his own game and about the plot I'm not too sure maybe it takes place in the Dark World from Link between world but the gameplay looks like Ocarina of Time and such.

Nintendo, please make it happen.

If this actually became a thing, I’d already have the money in hand. If I was broke, I’d take a loan. If I couldn’t take a loan, I’d steal it from someone.

I think you get the idea that I would absolutely buy this game if it ever comes out, hands down. For many reason, one being the fact that there’d be a lot of new lore, and another that it would most likely be on the Nintendo Swotch or a next gen console, which would be awesome. :D

Yes! The fierce deity mask is a really cool mask that makes Link magically grow older and have a really powerful sword. I would love to see a game with it, or at least a good explanation about the mask, like where it was from and how it was made and all that. It'd be really cool and I would probably buy it. Why wouldn't I? :p

Back