Fifty-dollar scandal?

• Thread starter Kitsune_Sakura64
  • Start date
Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64

Shadow Queen
Towns Folk
So I've noticed, and you may have as well, that in the e-shop, pretty much every single Etrian Odyssey game costs $50.
That's $10 more than the usual price of a 3DS game, and the game has no special features that warrant that kind of extra pay.

So I was wondering if you guys had any insight/opinions on this.
What say you?

Well it's a huge game. Developers and publishers also have the right to sell their game for whatever they want. Most console games are about $60 (except the 3ds isn't a home console) I personally don't have a problem with it. If i don't like the price I don't have to buy it.

Reactions: Kadaj and 18
Atlus generally prices their games at $50, but they eventually drop to standard prices

Developing and localizing RPGs like EO is a huge undertaking. Many games whose development was more demanding than the average 3DS game had $50 price tags so they could recoup their budget quicker. I recall that RE: Revelations was going to be $50 but the price was dropped to $40 because of fan backlash and because it was going to be a clear success anyway.

So I've noticed, and you may have as well, that in the e-shop, pretty much every single Etrian Odyssey game costs $50.
That's $10 more than the usual price of a 3DS game, and the game has no special features that warrant that kind of extra pay.

So I was wondering if you guys had any insight/opinions on this.
What say you?
...here in Europe the cheapest one (I think it's IV) costs just 10 euro- which is extremely cheap. The most expensive one (the newest) costs 50 euro, but that's a pretty standard price. (Pokémon Moon was 45 at the launch here). So maybe they just dislike the USA? :p

Reactions: MindzEye
Just wait until July rolls around. Sales will perk up when the discounts get a bit more entertaining.
Even if you miss that there's the summer sale, fall sale, halloween sale, thankgiving sale, christmas sale, new-years sale, new-years day sale... birthday deals, but those are only available to My Nintendo users I think... ....... ... . ..... .......

Reactions: Kadaj
As mentioned above the money is worth it and if you wait a sale will inevitably happen.

Yeah certain 3ds games can cost that much. Though the best (opinion wise) 3ds games can be the most expensive. Like stella glow for example, I tried the demo and it was amazing. It has a great story and everything. The gameplay was obviously inspired by fire emblem but it doesn't hinder the quality in any way. Then when I checked the price for the full game it was $50. I was like no wonder 0.o

Back