Fire at Nintendo warehouse burns repaired consoles

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
On November 18th, a fire broke out at a Nintendo Repair warehouse in the UK.
The consoles there were to be fixed, instead most of them were damaged even more or destroyed.

They have confirmed no one was hurt, which is a lot better than having your fixed Wii U :p

Anyway they have sent emails out to replace all consoles damaged.
Someone with a exclusive AC:NL 3DS XL posted on twitter:

"Just received an email from Nintendo to say that my 3DS that was in for repair had been destroyed in a fire and I have lost all my data,"

Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!

they really need to store the data online somewhere they can only access my goodness that was kind of reckless of them to do they need to be more careful and be prepare for anything that might happen they need to be more prepare to be honest im surprise they dont use one drive its a online storage for your computer so you dont lose data on items you put in it good thing no one was hurt though

That's unfortunate for the people who sent their consoles to get them repaired. But knowing Nintendo, they'll find a way to make the customers happy again (giving them back a console and a bunch of free games, probably ? Or eShop Credit ? Or maybe something better ?) !

But in any case, that's sad for those people. Seems like they won't be able to play for a while...

Welllllllllll, nobody got hurt :) except the consoles/systems...... now I feel like i shouldn't use downloadable games and go back to retail. Nintendo should modify the downloaded games with like a save file mod that restores them to the level they were on, or if it was like ACNL or Pokemon, hmmm.... Hopefully Nintendo gives them a free eShop card for like 50-100 bucks, or something. But there is 2 things you can't buy with money, save-data and happiness.

“Nintendo UK only used the warehouse for UK based product repairs and storing of associated repairs equipment, it did not contain stock that would at any point be sent to a retailer for sale to the public. We are pleased to confirm that no one was hurt.”

“Customers whose hardware or software was in for repair have been contacted to be told that free replacements are to be issued, alongside some complementary free eShop credit.

Thanks, Kallum

looks like they will be getting eshop credit :D

Ouch. Guess it's time to turn a "New Leaf". That's sad to lose all your save data. I would immediately play a different game after that, then go back to the old game after I finished said "different game". So if Nintendo can learn from this freak accident and find a way to prevent this from happening again (like better data storage as I read someone say) then I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't get any more bad impressions.

Back