Fire Emblem Fates has Online Multiplayer

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We've talked about ways the next Fire Emblem game could have online multiplayer in the past but most of us were unsure how it'd really work out, but it seems like there will be online multiplayer in Fire Emblem Fates, :eek:

Key features :
  • 5 v 5 deathmatch battles (team selected from your save files)
  • Multiplayer: Random or 3DS friend list online battles, and local battles.
  • You can choose to use standard rules or set limitations in random online battles.
  • 5 minutes per turn time limit.
Maps :
Icy Toast said:
5 maps are available by default (There could be more, but these are all I can select at this point)

- Mountain village
- Opera house
- Destroyed city
- Crumbled fortress
- Palace

EDIT: Please note that these are not 100% literal translations of the actual map names in the game. I deliberately left out some parts that may turn out to be story spoilers.

Some other observations from the person who revealed the info :
Icy Toast said:
- Before the battle begins, both players will be able to see the total combat strength rating of the opposing player's units as well as the name of their opponent.

- As far as I have seen, the player with the lowest rating gets to pick the map. (It would be much appreciated if someone could confirm this!)

- The player selecting the map will also be able to decide whether a handicap is active. (I haven't been able to verify what exactly this does. Again, more information would be appreciated!)

- Team colours and starting positions seem to be assigned at random (?). The blue team gets to move first.

- Items and skills all seem to function as usual - but keep in mind that I've really only seen a few so far. Stave uses are halved at the start of the battle.

- The cursor can be moved around freely during the enemy phase.

- On My Castle maps, the lighting will sometimes shift from daytime to nighttime and from nighttime to daytime as the battle progresses.

- On My Castle maps, (some?) building bonuses seem to be active, but only (?) for the team assigned to the defending position, rather than for the castle's owner. Not really sure about this.
EDIT: Building bonuses do not apply

- After each battle, the game asks you whether the opposing player should be blacklisted.
Source - Siliconera

The game is now available in Japan so there are people with the game \o/

What are your thoughts? :D

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu, Icemario, Iridium Winter and 2 others
My life is complete now (◡‿◡✿)

But seriously tho, no online multiplayer was one of the only flaws in Awakening :0

Reactions: 2071
That's good to hear. It doesn't sound too complicated and it doesn't sound too easy either. Sounds like something to check out on YT and even more so if there were tournaments. All else I'd like to know is if there is any previous characters in the series to use online or as DLC.

ahh awesome!! i was was hoping for a multiplayer mode uwu

Wait. What if one of your units die in Online Multiplayer? Do you still lose them permanently?

Wait. What if one of your units die in Online Multiplayer? Do you still lose them permanently?
I highly doubt it. I think it only pulls the characters from one of your save files you select.

I highly doubt it. I think it only pulls the characters from one of your save files you select.
its most likely gonna be like fire emblem shadow dragon online multiplayer, no one dies permenatly if you die online because thats crazy

I was accurate. :cool:

I really can't see anything but wonderful things in this game now, my life will be complete when I get this. <3

Should the rescue action return?

Should the rescue action return?
Pair Up pretty much renders it obsolete.

Why would you rescue a unit, thus lowering your speed (and maybe other stats I don't remember) and making you waste a turn dropping them, when you could pair up with them and quickly switch between the two while also gaining stat bonuses?

Why would you rescue a unit, thus lowering your speed (and maybe other stats I don't remember) and making you waste a turn dropping them, when you could pair up with them and quickly switch between the two while also gaining stat bonuses?
You forgot to mention how OP the stat bonuses can get :p

more realistic lol like when someone rides with a Pegasus knight the pesgasus will not be as skilleed because it has two people with them lol, but gameplay wise pairing is definitely obsolete

more realistic lol like when someone rides with a Pegasus knight the pesgasus will not be as skilleed because it has two people with them lol, but gameplay wise pairing is definitely obsolete
>a thief "rescuing" a troubadour

k

You forgot to mention how OP the stat bonuses can get :p
From what I've seen it doesn't even look like the stat bonuses are in this game (thankfully), I didn't find that relevant.

Awesome! Can't wait! ^_^

Now is the time I wish I could speak Japanese and buy it right now.
Amazon says pre-orders will be send late December, 2016. That can't be right, right? ;x;
Multiplayer, a free-movement zone, feet, multiple options that affect gameplay, bi-characters, what more is needed??

Now is the time I wish I could speak Japanese and buy it right now.
Amazon says pre-orders will be send late December, 2016. That can't be right, right? ;x;
Multiplayer, a free-movement zone, feet, multiple options that affect gameplay, bi-characters, what more is needed??
Actually, there's a fan translation of Fire Emblem Fates going on right now, but is still in development.

Yes! Online elements adds so much more replayability.

I think I'm having a massive kreygasm right now.
IT'S LIKE A DREAM TO COME TRUE.

We've talked about ways the next Fire Emblem game could have online multiplayer in the past but most of us were unsure how it'd really work out, but it seems like there will be online multiplayer in Fire Emblem Fates, :eek:

Key features :
  • 5 v 5 deathmatch battles (team selected from your save files)
  • Multiplayer: Random or 3DS friend list online battles, and local battles.
  • You can choose to use standard rules or set limitations in random online battles.
  • 5 minutes per turn time limit.
Maps :

Some other observations from the person who revealed the info :

Source - Siliconera

The game is now available in Japan so there are people with the game \o/

What are your thoughts? :D
See now there are going to be fire emblem clans omfg

Back