Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No! Spike dem drinks!

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
GravityTheGhost

GravityTheGhost

Sp00ky Sp1r1t
Towns Folk
Source: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...re-emblem-fates-scene-for-western-release.htm

Guess what, guys? Fire Emblem Fates got censored...but not in a too big way.

Basically, a female character named Soleil is flustered around other women, and the player character spikes her drink with a potion to make her see everyone as the opposite gender. They are mostly removing it to avoid any suspicion that Nintendo supports the drugging of female's drinks.

I'm fine with this censor as long as they have a worthy replacement for that scene >.<

Reactions: Mr4648 and BlazingPhoenix
Yeah I read that article... Come on people! :mad: People don't assume that Suzan Collins supports putting 24 teen in an arena and forcing them to fight... I hope that croping that part out doesn't force them to extend the release date any further cause then I will be more than just a tad ticked off...:rage:

Actually, I think it's a good decision. I just hope they'll replace the conversation with something good.

These darn censors man.

I'm okay and not okay with this censor at the same time. On one hand I'm like "Why would they have the main character drug another character in any way shape or form" and on the other hand I'm like "This is a sweet thing the main character would do, helping a girl gets over her fears. But really, what is wrong with the Olivia family and flustered people.

Yeah I read that article... Come on people! :mad: People don't assume that Suzan Collins supports putting 24 teen in an arena and forcing them to fight... I hope that croping that part out doesn't force them to extend the release date any further cause then I will be more than just a tad ticked off...:rage:
The release date is still set to be the original date, February 19. :)

I'm confused. The article said Soleil is bi, and there are "numerous" gay characters. I thought there was simply two units(one from birthright the other from conquest) who could be married to MU regardless of gender?

As for the main question:
Honestly, an uncensored version would have left me uncomfortable. LGBTQ conversion therapists are a problem in America, so it definitely hits a sensitive nerve. I think it's best they censor it, though I'm sure I have the unpopular opinion.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
I'm confused. The article said Soleil is bi, and there are "numerous" gay characters. I thought there was simply two units(one from birthright the other from conquest) who could be married to MU regardless of gender?

As for the main question:
Honestly, an uncensored version would have left me uncomfortable. LGBTQ conversion therapists are a problem in America, so it definitely hits a sensitive nerve. I think it's best they censor it, though I'm sure I have the unpopular opinion.
Yeah, forcing sexuality conversion onto someone is not good.

Yeah, forcing sexuality conversion onto someone is not good.
it wasn't really conversion, more like anti anxeity pills with wacky side effects

it wasn't really conversion, more like anti anxeity pills with wacky side effects
Depends on how you see it, I suppose.
For instance, why is Soleil nervous around specifically females? It'd be understandable if she was just overall anxious, but otherwise, it does hint other things. Beyond that, it's still frowned upon to spike someone's drink, especially since it's familiar with date-rape.

my 2 cents at least c:

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Beyond that, it's still frowned upon to spike someone's drink, especially since it's familiar with date-rape.
Keep in mind the setting of the game though because seeming that it appears in a Medievalish time there were some serious punishments for homosexual practices some of which were death so maybe and yes this sounds like a crazy theory but you character is spiking the drink to keep her safe. Once again don't judge me too harshly: it's just a random theory.

To be honest, as @Marc said, so long as they replace it with a plausible situation, I'm quite happy to let them do that. From what I've read of the scene, it's a slight bit controversial depending on how you look at it, so I would take the censorship as a preventative measure on their part. Better safe than sorry, right? It's not like they're entirely removing the scene altogether either, so at least they haven't gone too strict on it, for now.

Most of the time I don't mind changes or censor if it doesn't affect the gameplay, but kind of hits me when it affects the story.
But on this situation it doesn't, it's just something extra on the game that can be enjoyable, and yeah, I must agree with them to but something good in replacement. Idk, something that if it works it works.
(Still hyped about the game)

Alright, while I am quite upset with this, we have to understand that spiking anyone's drink, even if it is 100% beneficial, without their consent is not cool at all. Nowadays people like bill cosbey and whatnot are doing something terrible, and this scene seems to almost support it. Besides people, don't have such a Missy fit about this either, just remember that when there is a Japanese exclusive scene, there will be a British youtuber out there to translate it. No joke, you can find it online and pretend it happened in your game. Simple as that.

Reactions: Mr4648
As long as they replace it with a good scene, its not that much of a big deal to me :rolleyes:

I can see why they change the scene with the spiking of the drink with all the people like Anita Sarkeesian who would claim that the game is teaching young men and boys to spike woman's drinks. So I don't blame them for censoring the game to save them for dealing with that. I would do the same thing not to deal with SJW even if in a positive means.

This is fine with me, but as others said I hope we get a good replacement not some weird out of place conversion that doesn't make sense >.>

I also agree with the change, it may look funny on Japanese's culture but it is quite bad on the rest of the world.

I know that it is fictional, but people would considered it as a way to support homosexual oppression, drugging people and well... probably raping people by some standards?

Back