Fire Emblem Reviews

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
So, can anyone provide me with a review and reasons why I should look into this game? The only experience I have with the series are the characters in SSB, so I'd like a bit more knowledge about the game and it's gameplay.

Well, I made a review for this game, but It was on Spanish.

You can try the demo, also about what I think about the game:
+ Good gameplay.
+ Good graphics.
+ Excellent story.
+ Awesome 3D effect in the game movies.
+ Nice innovation of the game series.
+ A lot of content.
+ Free content with spotpass
+ Good quality DLC
+ A lot of difficulties.
+ A lot of gameplay time.
+ Re-playable.
+ English and Japanese dub.
+ A lot of extras

- Don't have online multiplayer
- A little cliché in the end
- Limited options when you start the game.
- The longest credits screen you will see in your life.

About the gameplay... Did you played Disgaea or Shinning Force?

Also, IGN video review:

So, can anyone provide me with a review and reasons why I should look into this game? The only experience I have with the series are the characters in SSB, so I'd like a bit more knowledge about the game and it's gameplay.
If you like Chess, you'll definitely like Fire Emblem Awakening, ;) (I highly recommend this game)

Imagine this is the Chess board :

image.jpg

Each character has a turn to move. They can fight, heal, run away from an enemy, etc. The number of blocks a character can move depends on his/her class (classes can be changed with a second or master seal).

Before you pick a fight with an enemy, you'll see who has the advantage and who doesn't.

When you fight an enemy, some action footage will be displayed on the screen :

fire_emblem_3ds.jpg

Note: Moves can miss depending on its accuracy and the enemy's "avoid attack" stat.

The HARD difficulty is very hard, however, it gets easier later on in the game. Lunatic and Lunatic Plus modes are just CRAZY, :blackeye: @Flarence can can share his experience about both of those modes, :nailbiting:

You can also choose to turn permanent deaths on to make the game more interesting. If you lose a character during a stage, you will not be able to play with him/her again unless you turn off your game without saving.

Reactions: Matthew
If you like Chess, you'll definitely like Fire Emblem Awakening, ;) (I highly recommend this game)

Imagine this is the Chess board :

image.jpg

Each character has a turn to move. They can fight, heal, run away from an enemy, etc. The number of blocks a character can move depends on his/her class (classes can be changed with a second or master seal).

Before you pick a fight with an enemy, you'll see who has the advantage and who doesn't.

When you fight an enemy, some action footage will be displayed on the screen :

fire_emblem_3ds.jpg

Note: Moves can miss depending on its accuracy and the enemy's "avoid attack" stat.

The HARD difficulty is very hard, however, it gets easier later on in the game. Lunatic and Lunatic Plus modes are just CRAZY, :blackeye: @Flarence can can share his experience about both of those modes, :nailbiting:

You can also choose to turn permanent deaths on to make the game more interesting. If you lose a character during a stage, you will not be able to play with him/her again unless you turn off your game without saving.

Wait... @Flarence played Lunatic + mode? And also he beat Lunatic mode? :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I recommend this if you like strategy games.

Also the ending credits aren't that long. Don't believe me? Go look at Dragon quest 8's ending credits. You could eat two meals with that ending credits.

*Epic beast mode music*
. . .You called?

Haha, yeah. I've beaten the game in EVERY mode, Normal to Lunatic+. The only thing I haven't accomplished is beating the game on Lunatic+ while on Classic, but I'm working on it. It's just hard for me to swallow my pride and sacrifice my units.

To the original poster: This game is one of the best 3DS games you could ever buy. The replay value is so high, it's not even funny. In fact, I'd be surprised to hear of anyone that HASN'T, or isn't remotely planning on replaying this game; it's just that good.

The game provides a unique challenge. While the enemies aren't exactly smart, they are very tough to take down on harder modes. This game is nearly perfect in every way that it could possibly excel in; being a Fire Emblem game. If you like RPGs, then you're going to love this game, it just has a bit different way about how you play (playing levels instead of in worlds). I usually NEVER enjoy level/chapter based games, but this is downright my favorite 3DS game of all time.

There's a lot of talking, but it's well worth it. Great cutscenes, dynamic characters, intense challenges. I recommend getting lots of support conversations between characters because the conversations are just hilarious. I found myself battling weak spotpass enemies just so I could unlock all the conversations between my avatar and the other characters. I've achieved over 280+ hours on the game currently and I plan on making it grow even higher once I actually play with a female avatar.

The Dlc is really great, (Golden Pack, Rougues and Redeemers, Smash Brethren, Lost Bloodlines) I personally spent as much money on DLC as I did for the game, just because I found it worth it. The content you gain is remarkable and it really buffs up your party if you decide to grind using the DLC that you can purchase.

If you wanna know more, just ask. ~ ;D

Reactions: ErixSan
i love chess do you think that i should get this game? also in the demo you could not change your chars hair is that the same in the full game?

i love chess do you think that i should get this game? also in the demo you could not change your chars hair is that the same in the full game?

Definitely get this game, it will be even more fun if you love chess. And to answer your question, yes you can change your character's hair and hair color.

This is my most wanted game right now, and I was just trying to gauge whether or not it would provide me with enough content to keep me occupied. So far, it looks like it'll be my very next 3DS purchase.

This game is close to being my favorite game of all time and may become my favorite game because I have been playing it a lot recently. Also I have beaten it many times but still haven't gotten bored.

Back