Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light is getting localised!!!

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
So yeah. Fire Emblem is getting localised.

It will be released in December 4 for 4.99 USD!!!

New features include rewinding to previous turns, fast forwarding player and enemy actions, and creating bookmarks (which are like the suspend points in the SNES Classic sort of).

The game can only be bought digitally until March 31, 2021 though. Hey, that's when Mario's gonna go bye bye too!

There's also an anniversary edition which has an art book, a Nintendo power poster, an instruction booklet, a map, and replica game pak featuring what it would've looked like if it was localised during the NES era all for 49.99 USD. Neat!

This got most people asking though, what other Japan-only games can they get localised? And is this how they're gonna release them? Caeda is pronounced that way?!?!

Anyway the trailer was neat, featuring gameplay from Super Smash Bros. Melee. The most exciting part in my opinion is when they just stamped NO MORE on the trophy description.

Will you be getting it? I know I am, especially because it's gonna go bye bye on March. Still don't like this kind of release strategy though :/.

Reactions: Artisan, Marc and Mizunil
Well japanese members get it for free on switch online. Why cant we? This is literal language discrimination.

Reactions: 28142 and Mizunil
It's a really cool thing to do! Definitely didn't expect it, but I really don't like this limited sale tactic they're using. Most likely won't get it simply because I'd rather get it on the Ds (it's a ds game right?). But for big fe fans this seems really exciting
Well japanese members get it for free on switch online. Why cant we? This is literal language discrimination.
^True this is unfair

Reactions: Deepak
The game can only be bought digitally until March 31, 2021 though.
I don't really like this tbh.

Reactions: Duffy
Not if we get the translated ROM free online. :pepe:

I'm expecting Melee HD any time now. Until then I may as well play this. Where's SMT's first two titles translation and on the shop? I'd pay good money for those. I like that I don't have to be online to play it over a membership. I mean Marth was good because of his design in Melee. Yeah there's the DS remake. But this one? Good enough for me. I remember watching an LP of this game and it was quite long.

Because I know I got TMS for Christmas man this would look great under the tree. I think there was a deliberate purpose for this.

I just want to know what's happening in March 2021.

People were thinking that date was when all the Mario games in 3D Allstars were going to start being sold seperately. However, this is just one game but has the same end date of sale. So what's going to happen in March then?

People were thinking that date was when all the Mario games in 3D Allstars were going to start being sold seperately. However, this is just one game but has the same end date of sale. So what's going to happen in March then?

It's like the doomsday sequence in Majora's mask :eyes: .

Will you be getting it? I know I am, especially because it's gonna go bye bye on March. Still don't like this kind of release strategy though :/.

And that's the reason they're doing the limited releases. It's that "well if I change my mind later it wont be around." (even though everyone seems to forget these are also physical... physical doesn't just "dissapear") and because that worked a TON with 3d all stars, I'd expect to see a few more games doing the same thing. Keep buying things doing that and they'll just keep doing it. Why stop something that's giving them a lot of money?

I aint even going to consider buying it. It is basically discrimination, can't speak japanese? screw you then buy it. Fan translations have been around for free online for years, there is no valid single reason for them to be doing this other than greed. It's also a semi-lie. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon was released on the DS in all regions, in english. It was a remake, follows the same story albeit it had some changes.

I guess a positive is that it's not overly expensive but still.... It's a very very scummy thing to be doing imo. Did they just forget that everyone can see what comes out on Japanese NES regardless of where you are in the world?

And that's the reason they're doing the limited releases. It's that "well if I change my mind later it wont be around." (even though everyone seems to forget these are also physical... physical doesn't just "dissapear") and because that worked a TON with 3d all stars, I'd expect to see a few more games doing the same thing. Keep buying things doing that and they'll just keep doing it. Why stop something that's giving them a lot of money?

I aint even going to consider buying it. It is basically discrimination, can't speak japanese? screw you then buy it. Fan translations have been around for free online for years, there is no valid single reason for them to be doing this other than greed. It's also a semi-lie. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon was released on the DS in all regions, in english. It was a remake, follows the same story albeit it had some changes.

I guess a positive is that it's not overly expensive but still.... It's a very very scummy thing to be doing imo. Did they just forget that everyone can see what comes out on Japanese NES regardless of where you are in the world?
Okay but where's the cheap Fire Emblem physical copy? Yeah those collectors editions are gonna be a good investment. They showed the Melee footage and that was before the DS and yes it basically is the same game but probably not with save states. Yeah I do like that it's officially translated by them so it's semi-original in its own right. But hey think of all the games that came in the West but never Japan... alright I give up trying to find one. I find great novelty in this game just like G&W Mario. Also some people might not want to pay the subscription to play it. If you play it and beat it in 7 days maybe but would it save your progress after that?

Pretty sure it's the end if the fiscal year, and Nintendo wants to increase their sales to impress more investors or something like that.

I don't really like this tbh.
Not to bump this from the grave, but same. No reason to remove this, it's not like its an online game that might cost nintendo money or space to maintain, this is a tiny game, that people in the future may want to download and play. It makes no sense.
I played Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (the remake of this game) on Nintendo DS so I'm not going to pick this up. The remake wasn't amazing but I still enjoyed it, and I don't feel the need to replay it personally. But in the future if maybe I do want to revisit it... I won't be able to. I don't get it, its just gonna be lost revenue in the future.

Reactions: Mizunil
I don't get it, its just gonna be lost revenue in the future.
Its to make more people buy it right now, but I get what you're saying, it's a dumb tactic :/ and its annoying to the fans, essentially forcing them to "buy now or never".

Back