AC:NH First free Update Announced for July 3

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
The first update (Wave 1) for New Horizons was just announced.

Its most notable new feature is that it brings back swimming and diving for sea creatures, which can be donated to the museum. It also brings back some more character(s) such as Pascal.

It is free and comes out on July 3, with another wave 2 being announced for August.

I know some people who really wanted this feature back in the game, so this will be exciting :D

Reactions: Mizunil, Yumi Chi and Alex.Dips
Just when I thought I was kinda done with the game. Guess I'll mark this as a game I'll be revisiting just to try out the swimming.

Reactions: Alex.Dips
Looks cool. Im excited to go diving. And im intrigued by the pirate gulliver. I really hope we get the cafe and gyroids in the august update.

I'm pretty excited for the diving update, too. That's the one feature from New Leaf I was sorely disappointed that they didn't carry over. I wonder if Pirate Gulliver will bring exclusive furniture the way Pascal's bringing back the Mermaid collection. Definitely curious to know what's coming in wave 2. Any predictions?

I am glad to see them adding features into the game. They certainly seem to be rolling out things slowly like I’d anticipated, constantly bringing people back in as they lose interest. Since they appear to be releasing new characters every season, I am hopeful Brewster will be arriving with his own café in Fall or Winter.

I'm pretty excited for the diving update, too. That's the one feature from New Leaf I was sorely disappointed that they didn't carry over. I wonder if Pirate Gulliver will bring exclusive furniture the way Pascal's bringing back the Mermaid collection. Definitely curious to know what's coming in wave 2. Any predictions?

I’m thinking Gulliver will give pirate furniture. I’ve heard Pascal used to give that out in previous games, so pirate Gulliver will be the one to do it this time since Pascal is giving mermaid stuff.

The next update will likely include a fireworks festival, since there are fireworks in the graphic for the update they showed.

I really think it's a great method to keep drawing people in. Especially since the updates are free, so there's never the worry that we'll miss out on some great feature because we didn't want to fork over an extra $20.

I was thinking he might give the pirate furniture, too! I was trying to remember what furniture sets Pascal used to give out, and your memory is spot-on! I wonder if he'll still make you fish out the parts of his communicator from the sand.

I think they used to have a summer festival in New Leaf? I remember fireworks and poppers and balloons, so maybe that's all coming back.

Reactions: Deepak
I was thinking he might give the pirate furniture, too! I was trying to remember what furniture sets Pascal used to give out, and your memory is spot-on! I wonder if he'll still make you fish out the parts of his communicator from the sand.

I think they used to have a summer festival in New Leaf? I remember fireworks and poppers and balloons, so maybe that's all coming back.

Maybe you dig up buried treasure. That would be cool.

They did have a fireworks festival before, so it would make sense for the second update to add it in.

Maybe you dig up buried treasure. That would be cool.

They did have a fireworks festival before, so it would make sense for the second update to add it in.
Ooh. Buried treasure sounds really cool.

The first update (Wave 1) for New Horizons was just announced.

Its most notable new feature is that it brings back swimming and diving for sea creatures, which can be donated to the museum. It also brings back some more character(s) such as Pascal.

It is free and comes out on July 3, with another wave 2 being announced for August.

I know some people who really wanted this feature back in the game, so this will be exciting :D
I think they will add more and more stuff to the museum as updates go on, so that completionists can go "Oh! Time to get more stuff to the museum!"

Reactions: Deepak
Oh! Time to get more stuff the the museum!

Very cool information can’t wait to try it

The update is now available to download.

The update is now available to download.

Been diving around and trying to get Pascal to spawn ever since the update dropped! Really fun and refreshing (lol) to go swimming even just in the game, since we can't really do that in real life right now.... :(

Been diving around and trying to get Pascal to spawn ever since the update dropped! Really fun and refreshing (lol) to go swimming even just in the game, since we can't really do that in real life right now.... :(

Yeah, he silently stalks you until you get a scallop (for me it took 2 actually). Then he backstrokes away. I’m guessing he only comes once a day.

I was able to get some undersea goodies tonight. The aquarium is looking nicer.

For the people who trade regularly and set up fences, be careful because people can swim and get around those fences:

EcALZMvWkAEzaYR

Yeah, he silently stalks you until you get a scallop (for me it took 2 actually). Then he backstrokes away. I’m guessing he only comes once a day.

Yeah, that's what happened to me. At first I was glad for it because I needed one to donate to the museum, then I realized it's probably going to take me a while to get all the recipes... especially if he hands out duplicates!

What does everyone think of the update so far?

Yeah, that's what happened to me. At first I was glad for it because I needed one to donate to the museum, then I realized it's probably going to take me a while to get all the recipes... especially if he hands out duplicates!

What does everyone think of the update so far?

He gave me a pearl today. No recipe. So It might take quite some time to get all recipes if he also gives duplicates. Also my sister got Gulliver yesterday and he wasn’t even a pirate version.

The update overall is great. Swimming around is cool. I like running and doing flips off of the dock.

Back