Ultimate First Smash Ultimate DLC Fighter confirmed!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hasn't been released yet, and we see a new fighter set up as the DLC! Meet Piranha Plant! This one looks peculiar as it spits poison thing, can bite, and is able to finally move anywhere (granted that it's on a vase instead of the pipe :p), and it relies on Petey Piranha as the Final Smash.

Piranha Plant will be free for a limited time, and you can get it by redeeming Gold Points when you load the Smash Ultimate physical cartridge, or by pre-purchasing the digital version on the eShop. So what do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pok_E 16
I think it's pretty unusual. I also like how no one saw that coming: You got leaks for Incineroar, Shadow, Waluigi, Geno, and all the popular folks. But a Pirahna Plant? It sounds wacky, but it was true! :p

I'm a bit crushed by the base line up (not totally though, just a tiny bit). Well, at least Ken is in there...:(

But now...I have to put my hopes and dreams into this Season Pass and pray to GOD
that our beloved Geno is hiding somewhere in that mystery bag...maybe...just maybe (I'm starting to lose hope).

Reactions: EnderLord
I'm a bit crushed by the base line up (not totally though, just a tiny bit). Well, at least Ken is in there...:(

But now...I have to put my hopes and dreams into this Season Pass and pray to GOD
that our beloved Geno is hiding somewhere in that mystery bag...maybe...just maybe (I'm starting to lose hope).
Sakurai said he was trying to get Geno into Smash, and he was a Mii Fighter Costume. Its highly likely he will make it as DLC. After all, after Ridley and King K. Rool getting in, anything's possible

Yeah...I'm just hoping that Sakurai doesn't decide to finish him for last.

We would end up waiting another entire year just for that to happen!
Haven't us Geno fans waited long enough??

It seems that you shouldn't worry if you didn't get buy Smash Ultimate on pre-order, because the official Smash site has just confirmed that you have to register the physical game card or buying the digital version before January 31st, 2019 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) if you want to get Piranha Plant free DLC.

I'm actually very excited about this. I got so hyped after seeing Piranha Plant was in the game. It's still not Geno, but what can you do. Although I'm a big pokemon fan I'm not the biggest inceneroar fan so this reveal made me very happen

Honestly phirana plant looks better than bowser jr.
he’s just a cool dude.
He’s kinda like shy guy, he isn’t very important, but everyone loves shy guy.
He actually has a good moveset though.
Btw the closest thing to smash piranha is in mario and luigi

It seems that you shouldn't worry if you didn't get buy Smash Ultimate on pre-order, because the official Smash site has just confirmed that you have to register the physical game card or buying the digital version before January 31st, 2019 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) if you want to get Piranha Plant free DLC.

Thankfully, I pre-ordered my physical copy at least 4 months in advance.

I'm so ready for this game! I might freaking die of hype, lol

Honestly, was anyone expecting Pirahhna Plant to be a Smash candidate? No, because the idea sounds so weird when you think about it. Yet Nintendo still managed to make him. Kudos, Nintendo. You’ve done it again. :cool-pika:

Reactions: Pok_E 16 and Starry Windy
I wanted a random character. I am far from dissapointed. I am so happy.

If I ever get a Switch and the game (and i actually got Piranha Plant) I am going to main him! It has a nice curved form to it, you know.

It goes to show Sakurai can put any character in the game and make them have a unique moveset. I would have preferred it to change into the 1st boss of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not be a Brawl reference for its final smash. This character looks petey complicated and it's smashes do make me think this will be very similar to the Mario Bros. moves.

Back