• Thread starter akumukjn
  • Start date

do you know the pokérus?

• Total voters
A

akumukjn

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I've played pokémon for a month and yesterday while doing some tradings i got a pichu whith the pokérus.
I heard of it long ago but never had the chance to see or have it actually.
Here is what i found on the Internet:
Pokérus is caught when a Pokémon battles a wild Pokémon. The effects of this virus are very beneficial to the Pokémon that receives it. Catching the virus however, is a very rare event, as the odds of meeting a wild Pokémon with it is 1 to 21,845, or roughly 0.0000457%. Similar to the Macho Brace, Pokérus will double the Effort Value stats of a Pokémon. A player can combine a Macho Brace and Pokérus to get a substantial amount of EV's.When caught, the Nurse Joy in a Pokémon Center will inform you if you have received it, saying, "Oh... It looks like your Pokémon may be infected with the Pokérus. Little is known about the Pokérus, except that it is a microscopic life-form that attaches to Pokémon. While infected, Pokémon are said to grow exceptionally well.". Also, in HeartGold and SoulSilver, Professor Elm will call you and say something around, "You got the Pokérus. Don't worry, it will wear off."The Pokérus is spread through training and battling Pokémon who do not have Pokérus with a Pokémon who does have it. The virus does not last forever; after two days or so, it will wear off of the Pokémon and will not be able to be received again. However, if placed in the PC Box, Pokérus will last until you take it out.After the timer has run out for Pokérus, you still get the benefits. However, you don't get to spread it around. It is advisable to try and keep Pokérus by putting the infected Pokémon into PC Box before midnight (12:00 AM), as the virus only lasts one to four days.Pokémon with the Pokérus will lose Pokérus eventually, and a small pink smile will appear in your Pokémon's status screen. The small pink smile on your Pokémon's status means that it has already had Pokérus, and cannot get it again.

Attachments

• 05022014057.jpg
    05022014057.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 1
POKERUS is fun. I wish I had a disease like POKERUS. Woops my iPad is autocorrecting POKERUS to caps. Nice job on getting it!!

I was only lucky :)

I was only lucky :)
True, luck is part of the game. I got pokerus from people in trades, otherwise I've never discovered it on my own.

Reactions: BjFauble
True, luck is part of the game. I got pokerus from people in trades, otherwise I've never discovered it on my own.

Yeah, just spend an hour or so on Wonder Trade and you'll probably find someone with it.

Reactions: AyoGG and Heart
Yeah i got it via wonder trade too

My first encounter with pokerus was on the GTS. Back when Pokebank was down, I was able to get a Zygarde with Pokerus, all for the price of one Mudkip :p All the same though, I prefer Super Training to regular EV training, so Pokerus doesn't matter so much for me.

ha i got mine when some Japanese person gave a arceus with pokerus to me for my pesky little rayquaza - hehe i thought he was trolling me at first but then it seemed he actually traded i was like holy $hit

Back