First time to play Fire Emblem: Three Houses!

• Thread starter Trazzers
  • Start date
Trazzers

Trazzers

Animal Crosser
Towns Folk
I just got a copy of the game today! It's been out for a year now, and I know there are lots of articles, walkthroughs, gameplay videos, and other helpful content on the internet, but I wanted to get insights from people who have played it first-hand :)

Here are some of the things that I'm wondering about most:

1. I know that there's a New Game+ feature, and that I'd be able to experience all three houses...what is your suggested order of completion? (some people say Blue Lions first for the story, while some others say Golden Deer for lore)

2. This is my first Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance (....which is a good 15 years ago LOL) so I am experiencing the skill equipping mechanic for the first time. Are there any specific skills that I should aim/look out for?

3. The calendar system is also new, so what are your recommendations when it comes to managing time? Are there certain activities that should be prioritized over another?

And lastly, any general tips and tricks are always welcome! :D
Hope this thread also helps new players in the future!

Reactions: Marc and Deepak
1: my opinion is to play blue lion first, golden deer second, and for last do what the spoiler says but dont look at it until you have beaten at least your first route
to unlock the true edelgard route, you must get the B support (or at least C+, im not sure rigth now) with her and talk with edelgard every month, be sure to spend your activity points before talking to her, because there will be a moment where she ask you to accompany her, you must accept going with her the moment she ask you, if you didnt use your activity points that day, you will lose them,and if you dont go with edelgard that day , you will be stuck at the church route

the church route its basically the same as goldeen deers in gameplay except for the final battle, but starting with black eagles students, if you are curious watch that one via youtube, it itsnt worth to play it in my opinion
the true edelgard route is the most different route in the entire game

2: in general you should your students in the weapons/magic they are good at ,however, have in mind the requisites for promoting the student or byleth into the class you want them to be
3: unless you are playing maddening (a horrible game mode, there should be an in-between between hard and maddening) you wont need to have a strick schedule, also ,its easy to be at a good level whithout grinding

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Trazzers
Great tips eonia!! Thanks for the help!

I love that you can freely change classes in this game! It opens up possibilities for great character combinations and strategies I think. Also, I'm glad to hear that it isn't grind-heavy...I mean the stat-growth system of FE is already a tricky thing enough to deal with o_O

Great tips eonia!! Thanks for the help!

I love that you can freely change classes in this game! It opens up possibilities for great character combinations and strategies I think. Also, I'm glad to hear that it isn't grind-heavy...I mean the stat-growth system of FE is already a tricky thing enough to deal with o_O
well, to be honest, in most FE games pre-awakening you simply couldnt grind at all, i guess tree houses is designed with the same philosophy, but just giving you the option to grind if you want to

With three houses being my first FE I find it a little hard to advise on the more strategic and technical parts or the game, but when it comes to the order of the routes I personally feel like blue lions, black eagles, golden deer, then church is the best way to go!

Back