Fishing games

• Thread starter RyGuy
  • Start date
RyGuy

RyGuy

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Do you play any fishing video games? I actually find them quite relaxing. These days I am playing lots of Fishing Planet trying to catch the best fishes. The graphics are quite real too.

What kind of fishing games have you played and which one do you like best?

I haven't played any main fishing games but I have played some games where fishing was a part of it such as :
  • Fantasy Life - I think there was a life you can fish in.
  • Zelda - Can't really remember for certain or if it was just a dream long long ago, but I think I could fish in it.
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf - how could I forget about this one? I even made a shark catching guide lol.

I like throwing bombs in the water for a triple kill and watching the fish and lizalfos dead bodies float out of the water.
#breathofthewildissogoodatbeingeverything exeptazeldagame.

Reactions: Dowhat?
Fishing games are the best :)! Though I experience them through mini games in major games and as full demonstration game like at cards or or labo

The only fishing game I ever played was the AR game back on the 3DS. That was actually kind of fun, thinking back on it, wish they'd make something more like those again in the future. I remember specifically going over different surfaces to get all the other different kinds of "fish" you could find in the game.

But, yeah, that's more or less the only fishing game I've ever played. Casual games are not my kind of thing at all.

Here's my list (I hope Marc didn't snap a thread away that I commented on):
AR Card game
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Sapphire (If finding Feebas counts)

In my humble opinion make a game just like a real life activity only works if the concept is creative enough to amuse me for a long time. Nintendogs for example almost did that with the collecting items and winning contests. Fishing standalone games I never really wanted because it's more or less another sports game. Zelda had it as a mandatory side mission as well as one to grant more exploration opportunities in the water later. It was okay because that wasn't the main objective as a whole or a standalone game. It had more options to it. In Sapphire, well, it was RNG and the trendy saying that gave it away. Not really fishing in which can be improved once we get Legends: Arceus which I have high hopes that it will.

Here's my list (I hope Marc didn't snap a thread away that I commented on):
AR Card game
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Sapphire (If finding Feebas counts)

In my humble opinion make a game just like a real life activity only works if the concept is creative enough to amuse me for a long time. Nintendogs for example almost did that with the collecting items and winning contests. Fishing standalone games I never really wanted because it's more or less another sports game. Zelda had it as a mandatory side mission as well as one to grant more exploration opportunities in the water later. It was okay because that wasn't the main objective as a whole or a standalone game. It had more options to it. In Sapphire, well, it was RNG and the trendy saying that gave it away. Not really fishing in which can be improved once we get Legends: Arceus which I have high hopes that it will.

Ocarina of Time had fishing? Can't really remember that at all, maybe I never got far enough or maybe it's because I played it so long ago that it's now lodged at the back of my memory, but I feel like I'd remember fishing in a Zelda game.

...Wait. There's a fishing minigame at one point in the game, right? Maybe because it's only in one area rather any other body of water unlike most games that I don't remember it. Well, suppose quite a lot of Zelda games - especially 3D ones - have small minigames like this which only get noticed once or twice for most players.

Ocarina of Time had fishing? Can't really remember that at all, maybe I never got far enough or maybe it's because I played it so long ago that it's now lodged at the back of my memory, but I feel like I'd remember fishing in a Zelda game.

...Wait. There's a fishing minigame at one point in the game, right? Maybe because it's only in one area rather any other body of water unlike most games that I don't remember it. Well, suppose quite a lot of Zelda games - especially 3D ones - have small minigames like this which only get noticed once or twice for most players.
If you got to be Adult Link you'd need the Tunic to stay underwater. Then you'd need the Silver Fin to swim deep enough to get to the Water Temple. That being said the Water Temple is known to be the hardest in the game even though difficulty is subjective. The Master Quest portion I have engrained in my head all too well from the trouble it's caused me so I could help you out. I played the 3DS version btw.

Back