1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Flash will be discontinued in 2020?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Starry Windy, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Starry Windy

Starry Windy Let's do our best! The Resident Victini

Play Coins:
    59 coins
    I have heard from some news, that Adobe might discontinue Flash before the end of 2020, as they see open standards like HTML5 are more advanced nowadays. This causes some concerns for me. While some wanted to use Flash because of interactive games or nice animations that are made (myself included), some wanted Flash to be out from the net because of vulnerabilities and stuffs.

What do you think about Adobe's stance on this?
  2. Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98 Nintendo 3DS Legend 3DS Pedia Contributor

Play Coins:
    3 coins
    Finally. It was about time. The vulnerabilities are a real thing you know. There are also many other reasons why Flash isn't good, this page sums it up pretty well. While I will miss the Flash games, I don't have a doubt that there will be a way to play them even after Flash support on browsers is gone. For everything else that isn't games and animations on the web, the developers of those Flash applications need to get with the times honestly... for the end user's sake and for the developer's sake. All in all though, glad to see this outdated platform be officially recognized as discontinued.
  3. Starry Windy

Starry Windy Let's do our best! The Resident Victini

Play Coins:
    59 coins
    Personally, one of the reasons I'm concerned about Flash's imminent closure besides of being having some nice animation and games, is that some of the streaming service apparently still depended on Flash to work (besides of YouTube and probs Dailymotion), so these streaming sites should prepare to use HTML5 before the discontinuation of Flash just in case.