Flash will be discontinued in 2020?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
I have heard from some news, that Adobe might discontinue Flash before the end of 2020, as they see open standards like HTML5 are more advanced nowadays. This causes some concerns for me. While some wanted to use Flash because of interactive games or nice animations that are made (myself included), some wanted Flash to be out from the net because of vulnerabilities and stuffs.

What do you think about Adobe's stance on this?

Finally. It was about time. The vulnerabilities are a real thing you know. There are also many other reasons why Flash isn't good, this page sums it up pretty well. While I will miss the Flash games, I don't have a doubt that there will be a way to play them even after Flash support on browsers is gone. For everything else that isn't games and animations on the web, the developers of those Flash applications need to get with the times honestly... for the end user's sake and for the developer's sake. All in all though, glad to see this outdated platform be officially recognized as discontinued.

Personally, one of the reasons I'm concerned about Flash's imminent closure besides of being having some nice animation and games, is that some of the streaming service apparently still depended on Flash to work (besides of YouTube and probs Dailymotion), so these streaming sites should prepare to use HTML5 before the discontinuation of Flash just in case.

Hopefully, there would be a decent 3rd-party flash player or Adobe Flash becomes open source before 2020, so people can continue to play older flash games, watch flash videos, and use flash apps.

Oh man. Last month or so I went to Neopets to see how things were after more than 10 years (the website is even older than that). All those Flash games...god,good times! Me and my friend installed it to play a little but after some time we started to get mad with flash. :mad:
I mean, yes, me and flash had really good times together, and it will be forever part of my childhood. But I believe it's time to move on...
I miss other things from the old internet more than flash, to be honest...

If that means things that used the Adobe Flash Player will be unusable, then I'm worried. I want to complete The Impossible Quiz before that happens.

Yes, it's that hard.

Back