Flipnote Studio might be coming to the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Remember Flipnote Studio? Of course you do, if you had a DSi or 3DS.

There's a new rumor circling the net suggesting that a version of the popular drawing app will make its way to the Nintendo Switch. Some screenshots were accidentally shared online of its development build by someone from Nintendo of Japan.

efSrjD3.jpg

yvEu5RE.jpg

Do you think it's real? Would you like to see this app available on the Nintendo Switch eShop?

I've never really used it on the 3DS so I probably won't on the Switch.

Reactions: Mizunil, James and SmugWolff
I loved flipnote studio back in the dsi days. Now, I'm not an artist or an animator, but I loved watching people make flipnotes and seeing finished products. I hope this is real, because people can be very creative with this medium and it's fun to see!

Reactions: James and SmugWolff
I really liked using it back on the DSi but never figured out how to upload my content, I was pretty stupid back then lol.
If this comes to the switch I'll definitely get it and actually upload my flipnotes (also get myself a stylus for the switch, I refuse to fingerpaint).

Flipnotes with customisable colours would be amazing instead of being limited to just afew colours! And it looks like we get a 320x180 area for drawing instead of the 256x192 area on the DSi, I was hoping for atleast a full 720p but this is still really cool!

Reactions: Mizunil and James
I have a really good stylus for my switch (Brain training physical stylus) so honestly I might give this a go if it does become a thing. Never really used the 3ds one but no harm in seeing what it's really about.

Reactions: SmugWolff and James
There is a couple things that I think would make this big or a real flop, with the latter related to Flipnote on the 3DS. I'm thinking there needs to be some way of connecting it to a social network besides Youtube or have it as an option. There should also be a way to add any audio you want of course it wasn't that way on the 3DS version. Other than that I like the bigger screen to work with and the option of changing your palette which is okay but the best part appears to be adding layers to your animations with was okay in the 3DS version but now you're not limited to the location on the Z-axis when making a layer. I don't recall if moving things between layers was possible and it might be more work adding everything to the next frame/page. Overall a good app. As always I expect it to be free.

Reactions: SmugWolff
This was all an April Fools joke someone pulled off.

This was all an April Fools joke someone pulled off.

april fools joke... multiple days before april fools? Just sounds like someone being a dumbo honestly.

I still have my DSi
i have made a few flip notes (none good)
Very exciting until the big reveal of an april fools joke.

1585751811419.png

If you want to know where it came from

Reactions: SmugWolff
If you want to know where it came from
That is super disappointing

Jokes on them when Nintendo releases it. :p

Reactions: 28142 and SmugWolff
Flipnote studio would be nice but it's not that exciting since it's always way too simple for anyone to draw good art on it. Also, Nintendo doesn't like user generated content sharing nowadays unless it's heavily moderated.

Flipnote studio would be nice but it's not that exciting since it's always way too simple for anyone to draw good art on it. Also, Nintendo doesn't like user generated content sharing nowadays unless it's heavily moderated.
Flipnote on the DSi was heavily moderated and nobody had an issue with it, and I don't feel like its easier to make good art in it, heavy restrictions and a lower resolution make it much harder.

I honestly think it's a good idea for Nintendo to make a switch port for flip note. Nintendo switch is already used for drawing inkopolis posts in splatoon 2 cause of the touch screen so it would make sense if the screen can also be used to animate with flip note as well. I'm honestly surprised they didn't port flipnote to wii u as well. (Poor sales maybe?) IDK. But I could see Nintendo releasing flipnote to the switch in the future. The one thing is how are users gonna be able to add sound with now microphone. That's my only concern with flipnote on Nintendo switch. Other than that I'm looking forward if it comes to switch or not and I'll see with how the release turns out.

Back