Persona Q FOEs (Persona Q)

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game but I know that they have "FOEs" that stalk you around the map...wouldn't it be awesome if the reaper was a FOE in PQ? Like you're just dungeon crawling and you hear those damn chains from Persona 3...that would be amazing.

I saw some screenshots from a Japanese player... There's a horror-themed stage, with blue-colored babies...

And yeah, it's creepy. Basically FoEs are hard enough to defeat so it's designed to avoid encounter... Yeah, such a Reaper FoE is amazing.

Wait, isn't it creepy? Eep >,<

:p

Reactions: nicklesimba
Ugh reapers. I played through persona 4 twice just to get my revenge for the horrors they put me through in 3.

Ugh, the Reaper has given me plenty of face-palm/rage moments. Usually because I decide to go off into another room or do some other activity without pausing the game and, when I come back, he's wiped out my party. Despite that, I like the Reaper more in Persona 3 than in Persona 4 because of the anxiety you get if you linger too long in Tartarus. In Persona 4, it's kinda played for laughs when before you open a treasure chest, they ask you like 2 or 3 times it you really want to open the chest and it's like 'meh...'

But, yeah, if Reaper was in Persona Q as a FOE, I would love that immensely.

I just Googled the reaper and I think he'd look more of a boss rather than a FOE. I'm just comparing it to the actual FOEs in the game, heh. Still, it would have been nice if something like him was included in the game.
I saw some screenshots from a Japanese player... There's a horror-themed stage, with blue-colored babies...
There is a horror-themed labyrinth, yes. I actually jumped when I first encountered its FOE, :oops:

I just Googled the reaper and I think he'd look more of a boss rather than a FOE. I'm just comparing it to the actual FOEs in the game, heh. Still, it would have been nice if something like him was included in the game.

There is a horror-themed labyrinth, yes. I actually jumped when I first encountered its FOE, :oops:

He basically is an FOE in Persona 3, it's just this his appearances are randomised. Stay too long on a floor (or pick a Death card from the post-battle card shuffling screen) and he'll turn up on that floor and start chasing after you. If he reaches you, you're probably dead unless you're both high-levelled and well-prepared.

I am not ashamed to admit that "I SENSE DEATH" and the noise of clanking, sliding chains always used to make me very, very tense. I did wonder if he'd be making an appearance in PQ, but it doesn't sound like it :)

Reactions: Marc
@Fyzzu @Marc hmm actually The Reaper from Persona 3 is not a FOE since FOE is a feature taken from Etrian Odyssey series :D

The feeling might be similar, but actually it serves different purpose, IMO :p since Etrian Odyssey series takes more serious/advanced dungeon-crawling gameplay.

Reactions: Fyzzu
Yeah, I know what an FOE is :p It's just that they're somewhat similar in terms of being a super-powerful monster that appears far earlier than you can actually deal with it, and it drastically impedes your progress if you don't take certain measures to avoid it.

Like I said, when I heard FOEs were in Persona Q, I did wonder whether the Reaper would be making a shift over to actually being one. They're not the same thing, but there are a lot of similarities, despite the genre of the games being dissimilar.

In the evil spirit club lab there are creepy babies and dolls that jump out of you. I think if they did put the reaper in there I believe it would give someone a heart attack cause those creepy dolls got the best of me when I 1st ran into them. I was not expecting it at all but with the surroundings you would think I would expect something like that. From what i've seen so far from playing the game they get pretty creative with the F.O.E's. With some of them you just look at it for mins. on end just trying to figure out what it suppose to be lol.

I already beat a few thanks to massing recovery items, the second dungeon FOEs are very annoying with their bows and arrows.

In one of the last dungeons, the Reaper is actually one of the FOEs. The Persona 3 cast explains who he is to the Persona 4 and it's awesome, though the Reaper's movement patterns are strange and quite hard to maneuver around. He's also preeeetty difficult to fight like in Persona 3 so it's not recommended to fight him too early.

If the reaper was an FOE that be one difficult FOE. I remember there was one part where you had to hide in a bathroom in PQ. I imagine the reaper would cause that as well

Back