Fondest videogame memory

• Thread starter Vladi L.
  • Start date
Vladi L.

Vladi L.

Gamer
Towns Folk
We've all had that one special moment with videogames that stays with us forever.
Mine is when i woke up on my sixth birthday just to realize that my parents were sitting next to me singing happy birthday, when they finished my dad handed to me a brand new GBA, i was so happy, until my brother broke it a year later.....

What is your fondest videogame memory?

My fondest video game memory:
Once upon a time in 2009 I was mad and grumpy. I was having the worst day ever. At 9 o'clock my mom came from work and came with a Wii! She won a Wii at her work. It was the white model and it came with Wii Sports and Wario Land: Shake It

I remember when I had a N64/GC, whenever I got a new game my friends who lived up the road used to come around to my house, to play them all day, everyday. We took turns of course, although I was the main player. Those were the days, didn't have a care in the world and no responsibilities! xD

we had a laugh and a good time for the most part, even though sometimes the games were single player and used to help out each other whenever we got stuck (Zelda or Mario game for example) :3

Reactions: 532 and Vladi L.
Talking about videogames' memories I can tell a ton of them but I would go for this one, I went through too much trouble to get my 3ds xl, I bought it from ebay in the United States early 2014. The console arrived to my country like a month later and I was so happy that I was just about to get it. I went to the local custom (the place where they were holding my item) and there they told me that the item was already set for delivery. I was so happy to know that so I came back to my house to wait untill the next day. Next day, I waited the postman for the whole day and no news about him and let alone the console. I checked the delivery status online and there it said that the item was being held at the local custom. I went again to that place just to be informed that I had to pay a huge amount of money (taxes) because the item exceeded the impor limit. I didn't know what to do, I contacted the seller and he told me that he wasn't able to do anything. Finally I got the money, I paid it and when the console arrived at my town and I held it in my hands I really felt happy, after all the trouble I went through I finally got my 3ds!

Mine would have to be completing Super Mario Bros. 3 (It was the All Stars version by the way). I lost around 30 lives on the Dark Land tank/airship/boat levels (those darn spanners flying in the air -_-) but somehow I got through Good Ol' Bowsie and his castle in one go? Well it was still a fond memory for me (I didn't use any warp whistles although I knew where they were; I just didn't want to cheat through the game).

That would be playing good ol´ Smash Bros Melee with friends
Trolling People with Jigglypuff is great fun
Also beating Ninja Gaiden (Nes) goddamn was it hard
Another thing was playing/beating Super Metroid
It was great fun to play it

proabably the day i enetered the tournament for super smash project m, it was such a fun day and i had so many people rooting for me because they liked my game style, everyone was so happy when i won. it made me happy to because i won and since i won i got a reserve for ssbU for the day it came out

The day that I got my 3DS and Super Mario 3D Land 3 days early from eBay; I was exuberant. So happy, until that I found out that there was no charger. We got the charger 5 days later. The seller made a slight error. No names.

when I got a ps2 it was like I just won the lottery. I think it was on Christmas but I got a ps2 with 2 controllers and 4 games. I probably played it for like 3 hours straight when I got it. That thing was a classic. Star Wars battlefront was the thing I played most on it, which is also getting a ps4 reboot, and ratchet and clank up your arsenal was astonishing as well. Right now I still have my ps2 in perfect condition and it works like a charm!

Mine was way back with the original Animal Crossing, I was watching my baby sister play it and she was walking along side the riverbeds when out of no where this shadow of a fish appears it was huge it was the size of the riverbed! Needless to say she didn't have her fishing rod on her so slowly she backs up and turns around, but the second her back is to the river a animal villager comes running past and scares the fish away.

The second would be The first time I played SoulSilver and went to get my starter. I always love choosing fire types (except in White...all my friends picked Snivy or Tepig so I picked Oshawott) so I naturally picked Cyndaquil but I was surprised to see that he was a shiny! I was so happy.

Back when I played video games extremely often with my brother in general, but specifically when we played Guitar Hero and Rock Band together. Good times.

Or possibly when I got my first Pokemon game (Platinum) from my sister. My mom had basically banned Pokemon in our house and one day my at-the-time 16 year old sister (tf kind of sister buys games for siblings) just surprised me with it. That was amazing.

My memories are very similar to @Mikaya 's. I also owned a Gamecube back in the day (Around 2006) and I had a couple of buddies who lived in the neighbouring area. We used to call each other over and play Mario Kart, SoulCalibur, and Super Smash Bros. Melee together. Ah, those were the times. When I had no exams, no stress. How I miss my childhood :(

Reactions: Mikaya
My favorite video game memory would be the day I got my Wii. My parents first told me no, we're not getting a Wii. Then later that week I walkind in to the game me room to find a Wii hooked up to the tv with Wii sports and Mario kart.

My fondest memory would be when I finally got another game for my DS so I could play something other than Pokemon Trozei. I don't remember what game but I just remembered how happy I was to finally play something other than Trozei.

My most fondest video game memory would probably be when I got my first Nintendo 3ds game :D It was Kid Icarus : Uprising and I was really happy when I got it and nevertheless , it was the most fun that I had ever had so far :p Best time that I have ever had :woot:

Perhaps not my fondest, but as of recent, one of my most memorable would be when I was racking up a high score in an old Disney skating game with a Sabaton album playing in the background.

I wanted to see how far the score counter would go. Would it end on nine digits? Ten, eleven? I stayed up for hours trying to reach that score and see how high it would go. Didn't stop on nine, didn't stop on ten, carried through to eleven. So I kept going. I was determined to see exactly how far this counter could go.

All in all, must've kept at it for about four to five hours, with a short break here and there. I know I stayed up for at least five hours so you'd need to subtract the time of my breaks to get an accurate answer. While I'm not exactly sure how long my breaks were in total, I know for sure it was less that an hour.

At one point, I almost gave up. I believe this was when I hit eleven digits and began to realise it wasn't going to stop. But I somehow found the motivation to continue, and so I did, going on until I reached twelve digits. This was near the end of my run and my thumbs were beginning to hurt noticeably.

Shortly after I hit twelve digits, of course, I finally stopped and went to sleep. I took a photo, timestamped it, and left. I've since lost the photo but I know my score was rounded to 125,000,000,000 by the nearest tenth digit place.

In short, it was perhaps my greatest gaming feat, and I'm proud of it. It really shows what lengths I will go to simply to prove a certain task can be accomplished. Or test the limits of a game.

Man I played a lot of games. When it comes down to it my fondest memory of the journey along the way has to be playing all the Pedians in Pokemon X/Ultra Sun because I actually changed as a person when Marc beat the Pokemon out of me. I stayed up late to play him and a lot of others too. Anyways I trained DBZ style knowing every move and item from the fight, I hardly even had a properly high IV team. Anyways it didn't matter because I had strategy and that led to my victory. I saved both replays and I went on to further improve from then on, which no other game taught me before you got to work for your goals.

Back