for anyone having sporadic analog drift issues with their joy cons, this should help...

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
alright, so from my rough understanding based on what ive seen written around the internet and on youtube and such, it seems a drifting or 'sticky' analog stick has been a common problem for a lot of switch users. ive also run into this several times myself, notably my right control stick and rarely my left one (ive used both equally so it isnt a usage problem), for some reason the right one liked to freak out more than the left but after i lifted the rubber flap underneath it with my nails and blowing it out the old fashioned way, the problem was significantly better and drifting quickly became rare and far in between as long as i didnt wait too long to rinse and repeat (so it doesnt go crazy again to the point where the camera and/ or character moves on its own), it would work fine and was good as new once i did this the first few times. been playing daily for the past few weeks and this is no longer a big problem for me as long as i keep it inside. i also suggest keeping the exterior around the rubber flap clean to avoid anything slipping inside while playing or carrying the system around.

ive heard some note of this not working for some people, either the interior is too filthy to be cleaned without taking the system apart here or their control stick is genuinely damaged hence why this didnt work. i had this problem for quite some time and i just couldnt figure out what to do until i did what i described above, and didnt wanna spend another 70$ on joy cons. luckily this is working for me and i can control what im doing while playing again tho :) hope this helps anyone else with this problem, its done wonders for me.

Reactions: EnderLord and Starry Windy
I don't want to reread it to understand your problem
If it's really broken you can fix it from some place.

I don't want to reread it to understand your problem
If it's really broken you can fix it from some place.
yes but not everyone can afford a repair every time something like this happens and its not much easier to buy a new pair here either, thats why its best to try at home fixes first. especially in the case of a common problem, there's usually an easy fix from my own experience. i also wanna mention that its true the joysticks can sometimes fall out of calibration so recalibrating on its own can work, but most say its a dirt/ dust problem and ive found personally that this is indeed the case from what i did here

Back