For people that are into game developement

• Thread starter Largoe818
  • Start date
Largoe818

Largoe818

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I really want to get Into game developement but have no idea wear to start..I plan on goin to school for it very soon but just want to study up on it so I can get a feel of how it all works. I really want some suggestions on what kind of laptop is best for game development and also programs. The only ones I've herd of are MAYA, unity,and zbrush. Some help would be much appreciated

I really want to get Into game developement but have no idea wear to start..I plan on goin to school for it very soon but just want to study up on it so I can get a feel of how it all works. I really want some suggestions on what kind of laptop is best for game development and also programs. The only ones I've herd of are MAYA, unity,and zbrush. Some help would be much appreciated

Well, the higher the specs, the better. But of course it'll be more expensive... To be honest, I paid my laptop €400, and for the very few prototypes that never goes public because of MsPaint, well, it still handles things pretty well.

So, a Dual-Core @2.0GHz with 4GB of RAM is already something great, even for 3D game dev. However, if you do plan on making GPU-eating games, considering buying a desktop PC. I have 3GB of VRAM, but on PC, you can get more easily, and you get access to NVIDIA's SLI feature or AMD's Crossfire to use multiple graphic cards at once.

(Also, I have a 2.7GHz Dual Core CPU, but the 2x 2GHz CPU is just what I'd call a good requirement)

Look, I won't talk about the system here but I'll give you a learning recommendation
Go to Projectrocket.com you can find some great material there ;)

Well, the higher the specs, the better. But of course it'll be more expensive... To be honest, I paid my laptop €400, and for the very few prototypes that never goes public because of MsPaint, well, it still handles things pretty well.

So, a Dual-Core @2.0GHz with 4GB of RAM is already something great, even for 3D game dev. However, if you do plan on making GPU-eating games, considering buying a desktop PC. I have 3GB of VRAM, but on PC, you can get more easily, and you get access to NVIDIA's SLI feature or AMD's Crossfire to use multiple graphic cards at once.

(Also, I have a 2.7GHz Dual Core CPU, but the 2x 2GHz CPU is just what I'd call a good requirement)

@D4rkDragon thanks man this really helped..quick question about NVIDIA SLI and crossfire?? Are these free or do u have to pay?

Look, I won't talk about the system here but I'll give you a learning recommendation
Go to Projectrocket.com you can find some great material there ;)
@ZeldaGuy026 thanks bruh I'll mos def check this out ✌️

Back