Forbidden Magna

• Thread starter BrianXcalibur
  • Start date
BrianXcalibur

BrianXcalibur

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
An upcoming game from the developer of Rune Factory Series (this, this, and this, take that!). According to Famitsu, it should be a Strategy-RPG type game. The game itself looks like a combination of life simulation (in this case, Inn life) and the usual dungeon crawling as the game predecessor (Rune Factory).

Here's a couple of screenshot given to us:
forbidden_magna_screen.jpg
Forbidden-Magna_Fami-shot_02-12-14_001.jpg
forbidden_magna-15.jpg
forbidden_magna-31.jpg
original.jpg

the playable characters :
1392646402-1.jpg

For me its certainly a yay, coz I played all three of the RF series (from NDS one, will buy the 3DS one later but still on my wishlist for now:p) and they succeed in combining daily sim with battles. Hope this will provide us more entertainment than Rune Factory (coz the repeated role does makes it less interesting:oops:)

So, YAY or NAY guys? :D

it's yay! for me... :D but 3 girls and 1 guy only? :rolleyes: never mind the looks of it its a great game.. plus i love rune factory! :D im looking for this game i hope there will be a demo..

It's obviously a yay for me. I've never played a Rune Factory game and I was looking forward to getting Rune Factory 4, but I have to finish up a backlog before I even think about getting another game.

From the looks of things, Forbidden Magna is looking like a "must have" for me. Hopefully Xseed brings this game to North America because it does look interesting. From the looks of things on FaceBook, there is a chance :
We just learned about it ourselves, but agree that it looks great. We can't wait to get our hands on it and check it out ourselves eventually.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames...comment_id=29748684&offset=0&total_comments=1
Yep, completely agree that Forbidden Magna is looking great. We'll be keeping our eyes on it.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames...comment_id=29748693&offset=0&total_comments=2

Reactions: 18 and BrianXcalibur
Yeah, I read it too, really hope that the game didnt get delayed further @Marc :D

Yeah, the Screenshot looks cute for me with the chibi-looking character @emiltroy01 :oops:

More news from this week's Famitsu magazine. The game is coming to Japan in October, :woot:

Reactions: BrianXcalibur
It looks like Spiral Knights with a cute art style and hot anime girls. I'm with you guys, this game looks great! Yay for Forbidden Manga! :D

I hope XSEED localize it because from what @Marc posted there is a good chance. :cat:

Never actually played an RF game, but this looks sweet! seems like my kind of game! I like anime style RPG's, they're the best! <3

it might be similar to the Final fantasy tactic games in a way~

Never actually played an RF game, but this looks sweet! seems like my kind of game! I like anime style RPG's, they're the best! <3

it might be similar to the Final fantasy tactic games in a way~
Yeah, blood brotha! *knuckle crack* :D

But I hope it isn't similar to FF Tactics. I might get lynched for saying this but I'm not a fan of FF Tactics or FF Tactics: War of the Lions. :eek:

Gameplay-wise it looks like Neopets: Petpet Adventures and Spiral Knights to me :p If there's online multiplayer it could be the most fun 3DS game ever :cat:

well, they just launched a teaser for this game :p

The teaser trailer is.. err... decent, :panda:

@Spinnerweb Siliconera calls it a Valkyria Chronicles-meets-Harvest Moon with a side of a hotel-simulator, ;)

Anyway, more details about the characters (spirit girls and friends) have been revealed :

Adelheid:

008_thumb10.jpg
009_thumb9.jpg

Adelheid, the eldest sister of the lost spirits, first appears before the protagonist Lux as an enemy. She is considered to be the perfect weapon in battle, and admired by all the other spirits. For this reason, she has quite the confidence.

Francesca:

010_thumb8.jpg
011_thumb6.jpg

Francesca first shows up alongside Adelheid. Her body is well-trained, but she’s the type of girl who dives in headfirst without giving much thought before doing so.

Bart:

012_thumb6.jpg

Bart is Lux’s buddy, who is reliable but also a bad influence at the same time. He’s an always-optimistic young man who often hangs out at the inn, and actually makes a good duo with Lux, who is usually more on the serious side.

Lux actually makes money for the inn by digging up crystals at the mine and having Bart sell it in town, so he actually is pretty reliable when it matters. He’s also quite the ladies’ man… at least so he says.

Amelia:

013_thumb3.jpg

Amelia is Lux’s childhood friend, a kind, proper, and homely young lady who runs a farm near the protagonist’s home. Since Lux met the spirit girls, she fears that he might become more distant over time.

Reactions: 18 and BrianXcalibur
Well,, you beat me by a minute @Marc !
I just happened to nearly post the same thing:D

Well this one is absolutely on my watchlist since it looks like a RF games with a LOZ-kind of thing (based on the screenshots :3)

I want to send Siliconera flowers for saying that, @Marc :)

Also:
Me: Arghhh! I want it I want it I want it!
XSeed: Ug, you can't have it.
Me: Arghhh! But I want it I want it I want it!
XSeed: ... yet.

:)

Reactions: Marc
Ever since I saw a few members talking about it in the Shoutbox, I've been really interested in it. The trailer is alright, would've been nice if they could of slipped in some kind of gameplay, but I like the entire anime concept.

Reactions: 18
Elfrede:-
Lux visited the island’s largest town, Elenam
Here he sees a girl who was selling some crystal
Crystal is a valuable resource
After hearing the townsfolk talking about this girl named Elfrede, he finds out that she’s actually a a spirit girl.

Gabrielle:-
Lux and the others saw a girl drowning while exploring a shipAfter defeating a monster and saving this young girl named Gabrielle, she reveals that her nickname is “Rielle-sama”

l_5396b0507aef3.jpg

l_5396b0506ad24.jpg

l_5396b0505b70d.jpg

l_5396b0504c8c9.jpg

l_5396b0503de6b.jpg

l_5396b04fd509d.jpg

Reactions: BrianXcalibur and 18
Elfrede:-
Lux visited the island’s largest town, Elenam
Here he sees a girl who was selling some crystal
Crystal is a valuable resource
After hearing the townsfolk talking about this girl named Elfrede, he finds out that she’s actually a a spirit girl.

Gabrielle:-
Lux and the others saw a girl drowning while exploring a shipAfter defeating a monster and saving this young girl named Gabrielle, she reveals that her nickname is “Rielle-sama”

l_5396b0507aef3.jpg

l_5396b0506ad24.jpg

l_5396b0505b70d.jpg

l_5396b0504c8c9.jpg

l_5396b0503de6b.jpg

l_5396b04fd509d.jpg
Wow, so much details towards this game is being released! :woot: This is the box-art of Forbidden Magna: :eek:

forbidden_magna_boxart.png

Reactions: 18
Wow, so much details towards this game is being released! :woot: This is the box-art of Forbidden Magna: :eek:

forbidden_magna_boxart.png
woaa... the cover really resembles Rune Factory's :eek:

Pretty pump up game love the fighting with the mini characters very cool

Finally, Inc. MarvelousAQL posted a new video of gameplay from Forbidden Magna!
What do you think? This game looks stunning, I love how detailed the environment is!

I don't know much about this game, all I know is that want it. :D

I liked the screenshots, although the trailer was a bit... strange. I haven't played Rune Factory yet and I'm still wondering what RPG would be the right fit for me. Since this is strategy focused, I might look into it if it ever gets localized here in the West.

Back