(Fortnite) Customizable Super Hero Skins Possibly Getting Nerfed!

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
Last season in Fortnite, the Nexus War, Epic Games introduced the customizable super hero skins! They were very customizable, with people making their own versions of popular heroes (tho i wish you could make Kick A$$) but with some finding ways to have a huge advantage. Fortnite's Item Shop is filled with cosmetics, and they state that these cosmetics have no advantage in-game whatsoever. However, some people found a way to become invisible with them. This was no glitch, but a mistake that Epic Games did not notice. You can customize your hero skin with many colors and four various suit types. One suit type, the metallic option, will let you make your hero a solid color. People found out that you can create your hero all black! Once this was figured out, you can now hide in shadows. This is completely OP, as console players have it the worst, since they cannot disable shadows. One such complaint was a user who apparently died from one of those cheaters. They showed a picture of them inside a house, and there was a dark shadow caused by a corner. If you brighten ur light settings, u can see a player hiding and waiting! This was noticeable from the start, and i honestly do not know how Epic Games did not catch onto this last season! The worst part was that many people used this unfair advantage during the Halloween Event, as the whole map got darker than any other season. I do not know how they will resolve this issue than providing an update for console players to disable shadows, or completely removing the all black option. The last choice might make some players mad, but a majority of players are mad at this clearly pay-to-win scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku and Deepak
Mmm yeah this situation sucks. On one hand I love customizable skins, but they should not cost real money in games. I hate how fortnite is monetized and pay-to-win games are even worse. They should remove this asap. I don't play fortnite much but the fairer the game, usually the better the game for online multiplayer.

Reactions: Jisenku and phofufury
Mmm yeah this situation sucks. On one hand I love customizable skins, but they should not cost real money in games. I hate how fortnite is monetized and pay-to-win games are even worse. They should remove this asap. I don't play fortnite much but the fairer the game, usually the better the game for online multiplayer.
i agree with you, i hope they do fix this asap! imo, if they add the option to remove shadows on console, it would resolve this issue fairly. then again, the only reason ppl use all black is to cheat, so maybe just take out the metallic option.

Reactions: Jisenku and Duffy
Update: Epic Games is fixing this in the next patch (v15.30) which is to set next week. They are fixing this issue by taking out the possible combinations of white/white and black/black. You will no longer be able to have white primary color on white secondary color, and same thing with the black option.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back