• Thread starter VivianPan
  • Start date

Love or hate?

• Total voters
VivianPan

VivianPan

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
So I’ve been on the internet for much more than an average person ever should and I’ve seen mixed opinions on Fortnite. I’ve seen people who love it like my brother but then there are people who hate it for how overrated it is. What’s your opinion on Fortnite love it or hate it? I personally like it but wouldn’t consider myself hardcore.

I have over 100 hours on just the switch alone ;~;

Reactions: Marc and VivianPan
Depends on which version you're talking about. Fortntie in general, Battle royale mode or Save the World?

For me personally, I hate Battle Royale so much. It's incredibly overrated, filled with screaming kids, users who play the free game *for free* get ridiculed all over the place. My hate for the Battle Royale only strengthened with the Season 5 teaser.... Please Epic never do that again..

Save the World mode on the other hand though I really enjoy, it's got good characters, very good base premise for a game and so many quests constantly. Sure, it's "kind of" been pushed to the side since the most money is coming from Battle Royale. My only issue with this mode is how it'll be whenever it goes free. Since at this current point, it really isn't suited to be a free game. I mean, I'd love for a free game to be like this, but it really wouldn't work from a business sense for multiple reasons.

Reactions: Samster and VivianPan
I have over 100 hours on just the switch alone ;~;
Last I checked I had like 50 or so, most of it from duos with my brother

Depends on which version you're talking about. Fortntie in general, Battle royale mode or Save the World?

For me personally, I hate Battle Royale so much. It's incredibly overrated, filled with screaming kids, users who play the free game *for free* get ridiculed all over the place. My hate for the Battle Royale only strengthened with the Season 5 teaser.... Please Epic never do that again..

Save the World mode on the other hand though I really enjoy, it's got good characters, very good base premise for a game and so many quests constantly. Sure, it's "kind of" been pushed to the side since the most money is coming from Battle Royale. My only issue with this mode is how it'll be whenever it goes free. Since at this current point, it really isn't suited to be a free game. I mean, I'd love for a free game to be like this, but it really wouldn't work from a business sense for multiple reasons.
I do agree that some kids are very ‘extra’ which is probably why I don’t have the voice chat on except when playing with friends. I do want to play save the world but until it gets on the switch I sadly won’t be able to play it. I do understand that Fortnite needs to make money somehow with the release of very popular skins

I do agree that some kids are very ‘extra’ which is probably why I don’t have the voice chat on except when playing with friends. I do want to play save the world but until it gets on the switch I sadly won’t be able to play it. I do understand that Fortnite needs to make money somehow with the release of very popular skins

Likely wont get onto switch due the cost of having to make it work on the switch. Game is too intensive if going off the PC version to currently be ported to the switch. That ontop the fact it's not gonna rake them in enough money, and there probably only a small team working on it compared to the Battle Royale mode. I don't see it coming to the switch any time in the near future, if at all.

If anything, it'll be considered when it goes free. But considering it was originally supposed to go free back in June.. Then July.. Now I don't know when. Yeah, unsure when that'll be either.

You can see how much Epic cares about that game mode ;)

Reactions: VivianPan
The only issue i have with save the world is how it tends to have more farming than battle royale does, and the missions last almost as long as a battle royale match.

Sadly i gotta go with hate it.. I find so much to be off n so unfair specially when u can win bein unskilled of just by building lol..n the amount of paddle usage n macros zzz lol

I love fortnite, albeit I do think the fanbase is pretty cringy, with all the little kids and stuff. I also don't like hearing about it everywhere I go, it's kinda annoying.

I love the save the world part of the game and I'm nearly on my 200th day logged in and I'm almost in the current final area of the game (twine peaks). However it has a lot of bugs and there's a lot of people (predominantly little kids) trading guns, ending up with a lot of scamming happening. It gets annoying to see the community like this.

As for battle royale, I mean I like it, used to like it more before it blew up (season 1, season 2) since the community was better, although the game was worse back then.
I've been playing since the week battle royale went free but I'm just not enjoying it anymore. Not because I suck at the game, I mean I'm not amazing (only over 110 wins) but rather it just isn't as fun anymore. I only play with my friends.

I also wish the switch version would run better, I'm sure I'd play a bit more if I could play in my living room instead of on my pc all the time. But epic hasn't taken as much time to optimize the game this season as last season.

Look at my playtime on the Switch version if you really want to know my opinion.
500 hours on the Switch version alone. Yeah, it’s safe to say I love the game.

I absolutely love Fortnite. Great game overall, and I’ve bought every Battle Pass since Season 4. Plus, I play on PC and Mobile a well, so I’ve probably spent at least 1000 hours on that game. :0

Now that Smash Ultimate is out though, I’ll probably be spending much less time on it now.

Reactions: Arshan and AricAttack
Absolutely despise it, People will constantly ask questions about it at work.
Kids just mentioning it out in public makes my blood boil over.

Played it twice till 3am, and didn't like it the more I played it, my co workers trying to
get me to like it.

(especially you Kat...)

Honestly at first when the game came out I did not think that it was very good and thought it was just a grindfest of boredom and I just did not understand how to build and was just not very good at third person shooting.
However then I played it more and started to have a lot of fun with it and me nd my friends would regularly play together and honestly got pretty addicted to it.
Its a well made game thats completely free to play and looks nice as well. The fact thats its free is simly astonishing and its amazing how they are completeluy free to play even inclduing online services such as xbox live.

I only downloaded it because my brother had it, he wanted to see how it’s like on the switch so I showed him. He seemed impressed, Although there was some lag when the game loaded up.

As for me, unfortunately I’m not really a fan, I just don’t see what’s so good about it. I’m probably never gonna get into it and I’m totally fine with that. Hate is a strong word, But when you see it pop-up in YT or social media, It’s slightly annoying because of how widely popular it still is.

Back