Mario Kart Free gas when you order the game

• Thread starter LavenderTownGhost
  • Start date
LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

On hiatus, kind of.
Towns Folk
View attachment 106

Mario Kart fans, if you plan on pre-ordering the highly anticipated Mario Kart 8, consider ordering it from Best Buy. The US retailer is offering fans that pre-order the game a free $10 gas card that can be used at any gas station in the United States that takes MasterCard. Rock on, Best Buy!

Credit to Kell.

I would've jumped on it, but I already have a trade-in giftcard from Gamestop. Hopefully they offer extras too.

I'm not crazy... Best Buy is giving out gas credit with Mario Kart 8 reservations. The offer is valid while supplies last, and is valid both in-store and online. Those can be redeemed at any gas station in the United States that accepts MasterCard.

Funny uh?
sub_mariogas0427.jpg

This is hilarious. I guess this is cool for some parents, who children are begging them for the game, and have to drive them to the Best-Buy of their choice, the parent can then pay of the gas with that money, kill two birds with one stone.

Meh, my family gets all of our gas free anyway.

Good for those that are gonna preorder it, though.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
What a cool and rare promotions. Nintendo cooperate a lot with best buy, like the super smash fest thet they have just announced. Anyway for people who dont want this game, they will still not buy even with free gas.

Meh, my family gets all of our gas free anyway.
thats nice :)
but that is funny that you get 10$ of free gas on a racing game :p

I remember getting a email about this from nintendo and it listed various things you could get if you pre-ordered this or pre-ordered that. This game was on the list and it listed best buy's offer.

It's a quirky bonus, and something that makes pre-ordering the game worth it.

Too bad I already got my copy from GameStop XD. My parents would be saving gas but at the same time paying for my 400 dollar wii u deluxe super mario bros u bundle + mario kart 8. Eh could be better if their was another free game lol

I ended up getting this a while back, and found out no gas station near me would take it, due to it being a paper credit card, instead of one branded by any specific gas station due to "potential fraud'.

Awesome.

Ended up going back to best buy, and talking to some supervisor about it. He just kind of sighed when I told him, traded the printed certificate I had for the money it was supposed to be worth, and said he'd talk to a manager about it (and at the very least, make sure the numbers I had were marked as claimed).

Worked in the end, but good grief was it a pain in the neck.

Back