Free-To-Play Super Kirby Clash

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I downloaded it but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

Super Kirby Clash is a free-to-play Kirby game on the Nintendo Switch which came out today on the eShop. It looks really familiar to the 3DS free-to-play Kirby Clash Deluxe game. I really enjoyed the 3DS game so if it's similar, I'm going to really enjoy this one.

But anyway, has anyone played the game yet? What do you think about it so far?

Reactions: Starry Windy and Samster
*free-to-start, there's a different, and that difference includes a lot of money.

It literally just looks like a port with a different skin of the 3ds one which was really repetitive and tedious really fast for me. I wish nintendo would stop trying to lie and use "free-to-start" though, I don't know what they're trying to do with that term. Doesn't make it sound better, makes it sound worse infact.

*free-to-start, there's a different, and that difference includes a lot of money.

It literally just looks like a port with a different skin of the 3ds one which was really repetitive and tedious really fast for me. I wish nintendo would stop trying to lie and use "free-to-start" though, I don't know what they're trying to do with that term. Doesn't make it sound better, makes it sound worse infact.
Actually, I just played through it, and it is similar to the 3DS version, but with entirely new boss fights (so far I haven’t run into any from the 3DS game), the ability to select Story Quests or Party Quests, and tons of new items in the store.

Not exactly a port, but more of a super deluxe version, I’d say.

Reactions: Marc
I don't know what they're trying to do with that term. Doesn't make it sound better, makes it sound worse infact.
I never spent a cent (I think) on Kirby Clash Deluxe tho :redpanda:

Reactions: Samster
If you're willing to wait for a day to get points so you can fight then it's good as far as Kirby games go. If some rich friend carries you on through every boss and you level up faster then guess what, you're probably gonna enjoy the game.

If you're willing to wait for a day to get points so you can fight then it's good as far as Kirby games go.
I don't mind waiting. On the 3DS game it was just a couple of hours or something idk. I can play other games while I wait.
If some rich friend carries you on through every boss and you level up faster then guess what, you're probably gonna enjoy the game.
No "get gud scrub"? :p

No "get gud scrub"? :p
Maybe later when your rich friend finds cooler richer friends to play with. Kirby games are easy though so that's unlikely.

I never spent a cent (I think) on Kirby Clash Deluxe tho :redpanda:

I'm incredibly impatient, so I just quit playing it altogether lol.
"...No. To Heck with these apples and such. #DreamlandScam "

it is a litte fun game, i spend less that 1 euro (in gold points) to upgrade the apple gem tree, i will maybe spend a little more if i need it to get better equipment, but since i have +400 apple gems, i guess that wont happen soon

I'm incredibly impatient, so I just quit playing it altogether lol.
"...No. To Heck with these apples and such. #DreamlandScam "

Update: i just started playing again lol.
it is a litte fun game, i spend less that 1 euro (in gold points) to upgrade the apple gem tree, i will maybe spend a little more if i need it to get better equipment, but since i have +400 apple gems, i guess that wont happen soon
Wait, how do you use gold points to upgrade the tree? o.o

Update: i just started playing again lol.

Wait, how do you use gold points to upgrade the tree? o.o
when you wanna buy apples gems, you can use your gold points in your account to "get a discount" doing so will make the apples gems "free" to get , if you have enough gold points, just like it was any eshop game

also it looks like magolor will gift you some more apples each time you buy, so its convenient to check his shop each time you buy apple gems

Last edited:
I really liked the first game, and I've been enjoying this one so far. Although if it weren't for the online implementation I probably would've dropped it by now, as its basically the same game. By the time I get tired of playing (for the day), which is kinda fast, due to the repetitive nature of the game, I probably don't have any stamina left anyways. Good time waster, very repetitive though.

Reactions: Samster
I played this game for the 3DS, and have it for the Switch now. i actually enjoy it, but found it kind of lame how it's "free-to-start" for the 3ds. its basically like a demo........which was like Iron Fall for the 3ds. One campaign level, one map for multiplayer, and one character for multiplayer.

Kirby Clash Deluxe and Super Kirby Clash... Anyone find these games repetitive? Speaking of which it feels like a while since Kirby Star Allies, maybe we are due for a new mainline Kirby game?

Can't remember if I ever played the 3DS one... however, I found the Switch game to be quite enjoyable, I've played it a little while and as a fan of games where I can mercilessly beat the enemies to death, it satisfied my thirst for virtual blood quite well. Especially since I could do it all with Kirby. Such an adorable little war criminal.

Yeah, it's a fair bit more action-focused than your usual Kirby game which, as I said, really suits Kirby's inner bloodlust quite well. If you like Kirby but felt Star Allies wasn't violent enough, Kirby Clash Deluxe is a decent alternative. And it's free to play. After all, Kirby doesn't need money when he can rob people at gunpoint instead.

Back