Friend code system transfer

• Thread starter sonicandres1
  • Start date
sonicandres1

sonicandres1

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Alright, I'm getting a new nintendo 3ds for the smash bros faceplates :D however, I bought a n3ds xl in August of 2015 and had a system transfer from my old red 3ds. I'm almost positive that the friend code transfered. Now I understand that you could delete all data on n3dsxl and sign in with your nnid and redownload all the smash DLC, apps, etc on the n3ds(right?), but is the fc linked to the nnid? Can it even be transferred? Maybe I'm just losing it because I thought the system transfer brought over my fc from my old 3ds, but I need clarification on this to purchase the new one. Any help would be great now. Thanks for reading.

You can transfer your friend code to the new 3ds. It's linked to the system/nnid

Reactions: sonicandres1
You can transfer your friend code to the new 3ds. It's linked to the system/nnid
So instead of doing a system transfer I could just delete all my data on the n3dsxl and just sign in on the n3ds and I can just redownload everything and keep my fc? Cool, thanks for the reply.

You shouldn't delete everything as it's saved onto your DS and SD respectively. You will lose all your progress if you delete everything. Just transfer everything

You shouldn't delete everything as it's saved onto your DS and SD respectively. You will lose all your progress if you delete everything. Just transfer everything
What do you mean by progress? Also, my dad said that once I sold my n3ds xl I could get the n3ds so that's why I want to delete everything on the xl and sign in and redownload everything at a later time. I don't know if he would want to buy the new 3ds for the system transfer, then sell the xl, so I'm more or less being forced to format my xl, and sign in on my nnid on the new 3ds.

What do you mean by progress? Also, my dad said that once I sold my n3ds xl I could get the n3ds so that's why I want to delete everything on the xl and sign in and redownload everything at a later time. I don't know if he would want to buy the new 3ds for the system transfer, then sell the xl, so I'm more or less being forced to format my xl, and sign in on my nnid on the new 3ds.
You will lose all the progress in downloadable games and all stuff saved onto the system. You must have both the destination and sending systems to transfer data

You will lose all the progress in downloadable games and all stuff saved onto the system. You must have both the destination and sending systems to transfer data
Oh I see. Well, I'm not a big fan of downloadable games because I like the cartridges, so only a few of my games will be affected by this. Pictures will be erased as well as music right?

Oh I see. Well, I'm not a big fan of downloadable games because I like the cartridges, so only a few of my games will be affected by this. Pictures will be erased as well as music right?
I don't think so. Only if you actually delete them

I don't think so. Only if you actually delete them
Oh ok I see. Well in that case, I'll try to get the new 3ds and the new 3ds xl to do the system transfer but if it's not possible I'll have to revert to deleting all data on xl and signing in with my nnid on n3ds. I think it'll go good either way, all I have to do is tell my dad if it's ok to have the new 3ds xl for a while longer for system transfer. Maybe he'll understand, but thanks for letting me know about this stuff.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Oh ok I see. Well in that case, I'll try to get the new 3ds and the new 3ds xl to do the system transfer but if it's not possible I'll have to revert to deleting all data on xl and signing in with my nnid on n3ds. I think it'll go good either way, all I have to do is tell my dad if it's ok to have the new 3ds xl for a while longer for system transfer. Maybe he'll understand, but thanks for letting me know about this stuff.
And before you make a new NNID, don't make one. It's just going to make the process more confusing

Back