Full 3D Pixar and children Animated movies on japanese eshop.

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
I was looking through internet and found the article about movies being on the Nintendo eshop in japan. On the japanses eshop Nintendo has been selling Pixar movies and other computer animated films on the eshop. The movies I found were Wreck It ralph , Up, Big hero 6 , and oddly the Lego movie. I found this to be weird and equally really cool. Though I wish Nintendo did this in the states. I know Nintendo brought the shrek and monsters vs aliens shorts in north America but I think I would be neat to take Pixar movies on the go on an American 3ds.

Not sure what to make of this - I mean, Nintendo isn't really the one to sell movies and make them playable on a handheld or home console. How would the 3DS even handle it without any lag or problems? I guess it might work on the N3DS, though. This system will probably make it's way to NA/EU eShop, but I doubt it will do very well, because Nintendo is primarily a gaming company, not a multimedia one, unlike Sony or Xbox. xD

The movie actually plays really well. It plays like a downloadable video and it doesn't lag. I agree it wouldn't do as well though (I think they didn't sell movies nationally because the shrek shorts released for free somehow didn't have enough downloads to encourage them to do it). Another why Nintendo only sold Pixar movies on 3ds in japan is because japan absolutely loves Disney Pixar and Nintendo probably thought it would be cool to sell the movies on their system. Though Nintendo putting The Lego Movie on the eshop is pretty weird to me.

WHAT.

I'd be okay with this in the states. Actually...I think this was one of the reasons why I bought a 3DS in the first place.

See, back when I was a naïve few years younger than I am now, I thought that 3D movies would make the best use of the 3D effect in a 3DS. That seemed to make sense, especially since people were all over 3D movies at the time.

Boy, was I stupid. I still enjoy the 3D effect to no end since it allows me to experience 3D though. Since I get vertigo the 3DS is small enough to keep my dizzy trigger from going off, but still...if those movies come to the U.S...I'm getting every single one. How much were they?

There roughly $28 USD (Converted from yen). Movies are expensive in japan.

Ah. Have no idea how that would transfer over to the U.S. o_O

That's interesting, but at this point I don't know if I would want that, I mean I bought the 3ds to play games, and only play games :)

Reactions: Mikaya
That's interesting, but at this point I don't know if I would want that, I mean I bought the 3ds to play games, and only play games :)
I guess most people bought it for games. But since it's also one of the very few affordable devices with 3D, it's a good idea to make it run 3D movies. There is basically no concurrency... But of course as usual with Nintendo, they have good ideas then they don't make them (just like the very few GBA VC games on the 3DS).

(Meanwhile on a hacked 3DS... :p)

I guess most people bought it for games. But since it's also one of the very few affordable devices with 3D, it's a good idea to make it run 3D movies. There is basically no concurrency... But of course as usual with Nintendo, they have good ideas then they don't make them (just like the very few GBA VC games on the 3DS).

(Meanwhile on a hacked 3DS... :p)
SHHH The Nintendo ninjas are listening

Reactions: Hayleia
This could be a good factor for non-gamers getting in on the action.

And how was the 3D factor? I really have taken interest in this possibly happening in the U.S. Was it a "pop-out" style or was it recessed?

Back