• Thread starter Veneghost
  • Start date

Who is cooler looking?

• Total voters
Veneghost

Veneghost

Kindred Hunter
Towns Folk
monster_hunter_4_ultimate___seregios_n_gore_magala_by_powermetalfedello-d8ef1gt.png

This is my first experience with the monster hunter series and I recently learnt that skills are obtained through full armor sets, decorations and talismans. Also that these three things should be chosen in a way that it cancels off bad skills. (eg. Getting a talisman that increases recovery whilst wearing an armor set that decreases recovery)

With regards to armor specifically, I know that armor sets come with specific features (good and bad). My hunter currently has the Tetsucabra set and it grants me a defense boost. But I read online that people go for different armor parts that are not from the same set (e.g. velociprey tassets, Kut ku mail...). So I'm asking: "Is this the best way to go about this?"

Again, sorry if this is a noob question. I just haven't gotten a hold of everything MH4U as yet, it is alot.

I wouldn't recommend using mixed sets until G Rank unless you know what you're doing. You don't really need them in Low or High rank, anyways. Plus they tend to be really ugly

Reactions: Veneghost
I wouldn't recommend using mixed sets until G Rank unless you know what you're doing. You don't really need them in Low or High rank, anyways. Plus they tend to be really ugly
I agree, they are pretty ugly lol

I haven't used mixed sets yet, still just starting out in G-rank, but if you're looking for an easy way to make mixed sets, try downloading Athena's Armor Search program. :)

I have personally never mixed armor sets, even in G-rank, for a few reasons:
1: mixing them can get you specific skills, but can also take away other, and sometimes better, skills in the normal set.
2: if you mix them, you may accidentally give yourself a HUGE weakness to certain elements. think of it like this "should i have this skill, or should i not die instantly from any fire attacks?"
and finally, 3: most of the armor looks much better when their with their own set (this doesn't count gypceros armor)

I'm still in Rank 2 in MH4U and I don't really like mixing different armor parts. It feels so awesome when you complete a set.

I'm almost done with every mission, so I would say that I'm pretty high up there, and from the armors that I see I would say that its 50/50. People just use whatever they like using, and as for me I don't like mixing armors.

I always have full sets, LoL. I won't even put a armor piece on while I'm making a new set. You always need a full set, always. It's always best. Because, unlocking skills, etc is awesome ans needed. I don't know if I've ever mixed armor in my whole experience of MH4U . . . Lol. I'm always sticken' with full, always. So, as a fellow Hunter, May you use full, too!

I always have full sets, LoL. I won't even put a armor piece on while I'm making a new set. You always need a full set, always. It's always best. Because, unlocking skills, etc is awesome ans needed. I don't know if I've ever mixed armor in my whole experience of MH4U . . . Lol. I'm always sticken' with full, always. So, as a fellow Hunter, May you use full, too!
Mixed armor sets give better skills and more of them if you know what you're doing.

I have personally never mixed armor sets, even in G-rank, for a few reasons:
1: mixing them can get you specific skills, but can also take away other, and sometimes better, skills in the normal set.
2: if you mix them, you may accidentally give yourself a HUGE weakness to certain elements. think of it like this "should i have this skill, or should i not die instantly from any fire attacks?"
and finally, 3: most of the armor looks much better when their with their own set (this doesn't count gypceros armor)
1: That's what jewels are for. You get skills, others don't have enough points but you complete with jewels and bam, you have all the skills you want and no more.
2: on the contrary, full sets are made to have great advantages over certain elements and great disadvantages to other elements. Mixing gets an armor that has no advantage nor disadvantage (which means it's usable everywhere and you never die instantly).
3: I completely agree, mixed sets are often ugly. Especially when male players put that Kaiser X Vest, it fits with nothing -.-

You obviously haven't played a lot online with experienced players. Here are some examples of mixed sets that give skills, and probably more interesting skills (from the point of vue of the player wearing that set) than any full set.

20150419_223258.png 20150421_232751.png

Reactions: Iridium Winter
TyEidGq.jpg

z5ParyG.jpg

i prefer use mix, because some of the item set is hard to find. So im using mix item lol!

Omg, @RaptorPoogie, sweet setups! I'm definitely going to borrow the top one, when I get the game. Hope you don't mind!

In MH3U, I used to play with full sets until I got to G-rank. In which I quickly decided it was for the best if I started mixing. Thus I got the mixed Goldbeard Ceadeus, which added Sharpness +1, while negating the blunt edge skill you'd have gotten if you'd made the whole set. My only exception was the Gold Rath armor, as far as I remember, 'cause that had sweet drop skills.

Omg, @RaptorPoogie, sweet setups! I'm definitely going to borrow the top one, when I get the game. Hope you don't mind!
I'm not the one Who came up with it in the first place, so go ahead xD. However, I was lucky and picked up a +13 Attack charm, so you might have to get rid of Speed Sharpening and maybe even need a 3 slotted weapon if you're gonna get AuXL.

Back