Funimation might be coming to the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Funimation teased a short clip on Twitter of the Nintendo Switch and the caption, "Oh, hello". The anime-streaming app is already available for the PlayStation and Xbox, so this teaser gives us a big hint that it's coming to the Switch console :eyes:

I don't really care for Funimation since it isn't available in my country. I'd much prefer a Crunchyroll app.

But anyway, do you think Funimation will make it to the Switch?

Would you watch anime on your Switch over other methods if it does?

I don't really care for Funimation since it isn't available in my country. I'd much prefer a Crunchyroll app.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/9/2...cquires-crunchyroll-deal-price-watching-anime

The app coming out is also probably related to this. I personally don't really like funimation much though, too expensive for what you get and too much dubbing there last I checked. I hope the aquisition means it'll become more like crunchyroll and not the other way around.

Funimation as well has been getting on my nerves recently cause of Akudama Drive. Despite having major potential to be one of the largest animes of last/this season, they just, refused to market it and instead chose to market animes which did worse. The licensing they do ends up screwing over a ton of studios. So yeah.... I'm not gonna use this app.

Honestly I've never used funimation so I don't care much about it, but its pretty cool in general for people who enjoy using it.
I just want them to get netflix :eyes:

Reactions: Jisenku
Funimation teased a short clip on Twitter of the Nintendo Switch and the caption, "Oh, hello". The anime-streaming app is already available for the PlayStation and Xbox, so this teaser gives us a big hint that it's coming to the Switch console :eyes:

But anyway, do you think Funimation will make it to the Switch?

Would you watch anime on your Switch over other methods if it does?
i havnt really used funimation, but i might if it is coming to Switch. I don't watch much anime either, so idk what shows they have, or if they're worth watching. They also have free acc, but with ads and stuff, but that doesnt really bother me. ig its worth a shot really, i mean, it wont cost you anything.

• Informative
Reactions: Mizunil
I don't watch much anime either, so idk what shows they have, or if they're worth watching.

akudama drive and danganronpa are the only 2 I'm aware of that they have licensed I know are great.

• Informative
Reactions: phofufury
They also have free acc, but with ads and stuff, but that doesnt really bother me. ig its worth a shot really, i mean, it wont cost you anything.
I didn't know about the free accounts, if they do this for the switch i'll actually be interested in this if they have anime I want to watch.

It's been confirmed:

EpPLdE-VEAA4xKo

You heard it right. Funimation is coming to the Nintendo Switch. When? Tomorrow.

We’re so excited to announce that the Funimation App will officially arrive on the Nintendo eShop, making it the first and only anime streaming app on the platform!

But that’s not all. The Funimation Nintendo Switch App marks the official unveiling of our latest Funimation App design, a refreshing rework of the anime app you know and love. This new updated includes:
  • A brand-new look and feel
  • All-new curations and a “My Anime” page
  • Anime launch schedule
  • And much, much more!
The Funimation App arrives December 15 on Nintendo Switch in the United States and Canada, with United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico and additional countries coming soon. With it, Funimation is officially available on all three major gaming platforms! We couldn’t be more excited for you to experience the anime you love in a whole new way.

Reactions: Deepak and Mizunil
I really hope that we can download anime so that we can watch it later. If this app has a free account, I might finally get into anime.

• Funny
Back