Funny but kinda strange *mario party 8

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Hi, i just happened to remember something that happens a lot when i play mario party 8 with the younger ones in my family. We usually do teams, i typically pair up with the youngest one for obvious reasons, and when i do play this game with them, the minigame wheel sometimes lands on the one called "sick and twisted" (i think its called that). And here is what always has me laughing about this one in particular: it almost always ends in a tie! Like, even if the other players are out and only one person is left, it doesn't end the mini game. This is one thing i personally feel is kinda weird. I've known nintendo to typically call it game when one person is left and/or the clock runs out. But nope, not here. Not with this one.

What happened a lot with this minigame is my niece would be out first (she was only 4 or 5, so still learning how to play, this is why id team up with her instead of her brother because he can play well like me but she cant yet. I do it to try being fair, not pick favorites), then the CPU was out (usually), and then me and my nephew would be the only two left, but nearly every time one of us got out here the remaining person would get flung out by a bullet bill: the game would say "tie".

The reason i laugh thinking about this sometimes is because i know it happens a lot when i play with them or even if i just play alone. Every once in a while, someone would get to the end and finish, but this seemed very rare and hasnt happened much at all. I personally find this one a bit tougher than the other minigames even now.... Ive made it to the end, but this didnt happen much for me as id often forget about the bullet bills and those would get me most of the time.

Am i the only one who thinks its kinda strange that even if only one person is left the only way to win is to get to the very end? I think its kinda pointless personally.... I dont know whats so interesting seeing it continue when only one person is left, really not much competition is say. =/

Back