• Thread starter deathhighlighter
  • Start date

do you think they will be future dlc?

• Total voters
D

deathhighlighter

Pay Attention!!!
Towns Folk
Is the people in the hotel hinting towards future dlc maybe we might be able to download old regions. the train station might be able to be used for that.

Is the people in the hotel hinting towards future dlc maybe we might be able to download old regions. the train station might be able to be used for that.
Sugimori said "when it comes to business, the one thing I've always said ‘no!' to is ‘the act of buying Pokemon with money.'"

"That is something that has been said since the days [Satoshi] Tajiri was completely involved in everything," he added.

"The reason being, is because it's one of things that could ‘ruin the worldview' of Pokemon," Sugimori explained. "I believe the reason we don't simply commercialize [Pokemon], is that it's a way of protecting the brand, and for this purpose, we have the specialty company called The Pokemon Company."

^
all that came from an article online

So basically, they're against the concept of DLC so I wouldn't count on an old regions DLC. Although this quote applies to a DLC pokemon idea, I think it could be extended to say that they're against using DLC and they have been for a while. I think that the hotel is just hinting to a future game if anything and it's meant to be a change of pace. Typically they have NPCs that talk about past regions so I think it's nice that they have one hinting at an entirely different region.

I think if anything, the train station could be used to access an entirely different location within the Kalos Region to get some of those event pokemon

Reactions: deathhighlighter
I am hoping for some legendary Pokemon, but I am only dreaming here.

I am hoping for some legendary Pokemon, but I am only dreaming here.
there are some legendaries that will be released in the future (the three pokemon that the hacker leaked), but those will more likely be by event than by DLC.

i think it would ruin the world of pokemon - it would ruin the fun and game play of everything also the challenging RPG strategy of it all the part that makes it fun !!! in my opinion pokemon would be way better without dlc
but if it was in-game like in pokemon fire red / heart gold with the lottery game arcade type thing thats different

I am against DLCs too. Don't we have enough games in the video game world that has DLCs ?
And even if they would make a DLC, it would need to be worth it. I never buy DLCs.

With that said, and as Naagza said earlier, the three Legendaries that were leaked are most likely going to be given through Mystery Gift.

They may be against some Paid DLCs but they can still release a Free DLC to add some extra flare to Post-game because otherwise everyone will just get bored.

They may be against some Paid DLCs but they can still release a Free DLC to add some extra flare to Post-game because otherwise everyone will just get bored.
I don't think they'd particularly care about everyone getting bored with the post-game. My reasoning here is that fans bored with post-game gives them an incentive to buy the next game they release that has a different story and all that. Free DLC is wasted effort honestly

AFAIK the creator of pokemon is against paid DLC.

I am against paid DLC as well, however, I would like to see special event DLC (downloading Legendaries via WiFi at stores or something of the sort).

I don't think anything outside of a couple Mystery Gift events will ever be released for any of the Pokemon games. I've been hoping they might announce a small region of islands or something so that we can actually explore something new. However, GameFreak has never added extra content to their games, and I doubt they will start doing so any time soon.

I don't really care if there is More DLC because I would actually like more Post-game data. Plus, X/Y got boring pretty quickly after I beat the game because there was almost no post-game content. If they did that though, I think it would have to be free.

Yeah, if GameFreak ever released paid DLC, there would be an uproar. DLC usually garners negative reception unless it is really good, but even then, I don't think it's a good fit for Pokemon. Too many people play Pokemon and too many people would feel alienated if there was DLC that they couldn't buy but others could. It would impact the reputation of the franchise quite a bit.

Back