Future of Consoles?

• Thread starter LarryMyster
  • Start date
LarryMyster

LarryMyster

Gamer Dude
Towns Folk
What do you think of console gaming? Because ever since I pretty much went all out for console gaming as well be on PC I'm seeing a way better future for PC. Consoles are fun to just kick it with people and have fun, but knowing that PC is always better and Consoles are always behind it makes me wounder about the future of gaming as whole.

Oh man I really don't know. On one hand consoles are almost catching up to computers in terms of power, and computers never really caught on to gaming until steam came along. But steam is going absolutely dumped with crap games right know. I think consoles will coexist with computers in the near future, as well as coexisting with the switch as a hybrid. In terms of long term, anything could happen... (Sony could go out of business if PS5 fails, but they made so much off PS4 that they would probably need colossal flops from both PS5 and PS6 to die).

I guess the consoles will focus more in VR in the future. For playstation, I don't think we are going to see next version of playstation anytime sooner as PS4 still have much to offer as they say. I don't know about Xbox coz I never had one. But Xbox One X looks promising in the terms of hardware.

Back