Gaiden or Echoes

• Thread starter TribstyAnn
  • Start date
TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn

Me.
Towns Folk
I've recently gotten very into Fire Emblem. I'm almost finished with Awakening, and want to get Fates and Echoes. I also want to play all of the others in the series including the NES and SNES games. I know they aren't available in the states, I'll be using a fan translation.

I'm curious though whether or not I should play Gaiden before Echoes. I personally find the Gaiden art style kinda ugly, from the official art. I also feel like if i already know the entire story it might diminish my enjoyment of Echoes which is obviously the superior version, with more content, better art and graphics, and everything else that's been added.

I'm curious to hear what you guys think, and whether or not if should play Echoes or Gaiden first, or just skip one or the other altogether. Let me know your opinions and advice.

in my opinion, play echoes directly, echoes is a remake and it tells the history in a better way than the original game
-nes version have only 1 or 2 games of dialogue for most characters, in 3ds this is fixed (well, in the nes version most dialogue of the characters was in the manual XD)
-the game has some things that could be called unfair (for example, two enemies in the game have a spell that make enougth damage to get you to 1 pv) and its very hard, even in casual mode (where nobodie die) so you would like to play in casual
-the 3ds version have a challenging postgame dungeon
-two new characters one of wich is a female villager with different promotions and the other could be called "spoilerman"
-and the obvius things (better graphics, music, and blahblahblah)

That post game dungeon is hell. Owned the game since June and I've still yet to beat it

Echoes is my favorite game in the series (as of right now). I'd recommend playing that one first (although I've never played Gaiden). It's a very well put together game and stays mostly faithful to the series I think.

************************WARNING. Do not read this message unless want the end of the game to be spoilt*************************
Seriously. Gaiden and Echoes are Pretty Much the same game! Play echoes because it is better. Gaiden doesn't have characters that are really important to the game in Echoes(Berkut)(Not counting Faye as important). Echoes also has an act 6 and I'm sure is only beatable with overclass(DLC) or overpowered weapons(also DLC(Basically)). In some other DLC dungeons, you can get really good weapons so I'd suggest getting some weapons from this before even attempting to fight Grima.(I know it says THE CREATION but I'm calling him Grima because Awakening is Better and he is really just a younger Grima who is Fresh from eating the person who created him(I Think) who is Called Forneus(An Alchemist))

Back