Galarian Ponyta Confirmed for Pokemon Shield

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Galarian Ponyta has been confirmed to be a Pokemon Shield exclusive. It has Run Away or Pastel Veil as its ability. From my research, Pastel Veil appears to heal itself and allies from being poisoned, as well as heal ally Pokemon of poison when they are switched in.

zoga16k.jpg

Galarian Ponyta Details:
Category: Unique Horn Pokemon
Type: Psychic
Ability: Run Away / Pastel Veil

AVjviUh.png

Meet Galarian Ponyta in Pokémon Shield

To be honest, it looks like a fairy type Pokemon to me. I'm surprised it's been confirmed to be a psychic type. Maybe its evolution would be psychic / fairy? I think I'm learning more to Pokemon Shield because of this Pokemon though :eyes:

What do you think about Galarian Ponyta?

Reactions: 28142
eh, looks like another alolan ninetales. sticking with sword

Reactions: Marc
Personally, I'm digging Galarian Ponyta's design, and one of its abilities, Pastel Veil, is intriguing too. Initially I planned to get Sword version first, but this exclusivity makes me considering that I might get both Sword and Shield if I can.

I've always wanted a MyLittlePonyta. Hopefully it gets the slight speed boost treatment that Ninetales got. Judging by the ability it will be plain Psychic so it can counter Pokemon like Galarian Weezing. Maybe we'll get a Zen Headbutt for this thing finally. I do like it's movepool but other than that if I got the game I doubt I would use it unless I wanted a themed team. From the video it looks like a special attacker which is even better because of the option for Psyshock as well.

Reactions: Starry Windy and Pandaxclone2
CANDYFLOSS HORSE!!!!!!!!

lgbt twitter has already claimed this pokemon as a gay icon lol, and I totally agree. Such a cute design.

I do find it hillarious that Galarian Weezing is a fairy type though, but this one isn't. Because yes, that makes total design sense lol.

edit: at a closer look though, wow that is very much based on Alolan Vulpix's design lol. The eyes are basically the same even.

First new design of the game that caught my attention. I give it a thumbs up :p

Back